Shareholder credit-how does it appear in OBC

desert traveler

I've sent by mail a copy of our stock ownership to Princess. How long does it take to appear and how is it listed. Do they send you an email also?

It's viewable through the Cruise Personalizer's "Payments & Credits" tab, it's listed as "Shareholders Benefits (asterisk * because it's non-refundable), when faxed it can take hours (during business hours) up to about a week when snail mailed & I've never received any type of confirmation.

Edited by Astro Flyer

They are indeed taking longer. Mine took over a week a couple weeks back but appeared under personalizer as shareholder credit $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree I'm still waiting for a request to be processed that I faxed over a week ago

I agree I'm still waiting for a request to be processed that I faxed over a week ago

I've read posts that sometimes recently faxes are experiencing problems. Apparently it's not a paper fax machine but is received digitally like an email. I call them if it's not issued within a week & have had them do it while on hold (they'll ask for your fax #, date & time faxed to attempt to locate it).

They've told me that incomplete submissions slow down the process which requires contacting applicants.

I got an email notifying me it was approved. And you could see the obc listed when you go in to print documents.

Edit: oops. just noticed this was a princess board and not carnival. This is how it on on carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ata1976

I just faxed my first ever “Shareholder Benefit Request” form into Princess on Thursday October 6th. The credits showed up online one week later on October 13th.:)

I did not receive an email before hand.

Edited by TwoCruisers

I've sent by mail a copy of our stock ownership to Princess. How long does it take to appear and how is it listed. Do they send you an email also?

My $250 showed up as "Customer Goodwill" after about 3 days after faxing the form. I never received a confirming e-mail.

I just called Princess to check on mine. As of today, Oct 17, they are processing those requests received on Oct 10. As an aside, I mentioned to that I had used last years form (thru July 31, 2016). I was told by the rep that the old form was valid, and that I did not have to resubmit with the current form, which is good thru July 31, 2017.

I just called Princess to check on mine. As of today, Oct 17, they are processing those requests received on Oct 10. As an aside, I mentioned to that I had used last years form (thru July 31, 2016). I was told by the rep that the old form was valid, and that I did not have to resubmit with the current form, which is good thru July 31, 2017.

Thanks for the current one week processing time & they've also told me that forms with expired dates are acceptable.

Even without the form a complete request with all of the required information is okay. Unfortunately they too often receive incomplete requests that way & is why they created the form. Not only does that provide all of the required information, it also explains the procedure which is regularly asked about here. When they need to contact passengers for missing information that slows down the process for all of us.

For anyone else who's interested here's a link to the form with the 7/31/17 date which is updated each June.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=388078&d=1466095327

Yes, thanks for posting this as I'm waiting on credits for info faxed on Oct. 10. That's why I love these boards! There always seems to be somebody else out there with the same question you have, and someone else has the answer! :D

I fax mine then wait one or two hours. Then I call to verify that the fax was received and they apply the credit right away. I ask then to send an email receipt and they do that right away as well. There is a specific number to check if the fax has been received.

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info)

Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

In Australia we email the forms in and credit is applied in 2 weeks. We receive an auto email response that the email has been received then another personal email when it has been applied and then receive another email with the updated booking details showing the extra OBC.

Edited by Pushka

As an update, I just called Princess (8:20pm East Coast Time) and spoke with someone who asked me when I sent the fax. I replied, "Oct. 10." Her reply, "We're still working on the faxes from Oct. 9, give it a few days." :confused: I'll check again in a few days.

I fax mine then wait one or two hours. Then I call to verify that the fax was received and they apply the credit right away. I ask then to send an email receipt and they do that right away as well. There is a specific number to check if the fax has been received.

Thanks for posting those numbers.

I sent my fax on 10/4 and after a week called to check. They looked and said they did not receive it!? They gave me another number to fax it to, which I did on 10/12. Still nothing showing up. I'll wait a little bit longer before calling again.

Thanks so much for posting the numbers. Very helpful! :)

Called Princess today, rep checked for faxes and then posted credits while I waited on the phone. I confirmed shareholder credits are showing on princess.com under the payment & credits tab for each booked cruise. All is good!