Explore 4 package question

I have not seen a thread on this question yet so I will ask you the experts. The Drink package says I can get 15 drinks a day and they can be $8.00 no more in order for me to take advantage of the special.

Does it include the tax and tip? When ordering a beverage if it's 7.95 do I pay the tax and tip?

Thanks

I have not seen a thread on this question yet so I will ask you the experts. The Drink package says I can get 15 drinks a day and they can be $8.00 no more in order for me to take advantage of the special.

Does it include the tax and tip? When ordering a beverage if it's 7.95 do I pay the tax and tip?

Thanks

The SBP is $44.95 pp per day plus 15% gratuity which comes to around $51.75 pp. You get up to 15 $8 or less drinks per day which includes water, soda, and specialty coffees. Each person in a SR must purchase the SBP. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you pay the difference if you buy a $12 drink or do you have to buy it separately?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anything price-wise above $8 gets charged to your OB account separate from the SBP.

Crap! I doubt my Drink Pkg will be worth much to us then :(

SBP's are iffy at best. If you have around 6 to 7 drinks per day it's close to break even with the package cost, but that's every day. We had it once as a perk but doubt if we would ever buy it. We do wine packages at dinner and they are not covered.

Crap! I doubt my Drink Pkg will be worth much to us then :(

Actually, you can get quite a bit on HAL for $8 and under.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Bar-Menu1-1.pdf

We've recently been comparing the HAL drink prices to Celebrity and Norwegian and in almost every case the HAL drink menu prices are lower for the same thing.

Actually, you can get quite a bit on HAL for $8 and under.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Bar-Menu1-1.pdf

We've recently been comparing the HAL drink prices to Celebrity and Norwegian and in almost every case the HAL drink menu prices are lower for the same thing.

Ok call me impressed. I never paid much attention to my drinks prices previously and simply left the ship with a big bar bill. Great news is my DH Johnny Walker Black is listed! So maybe this is going to be just fine :)

Edited by JVilleGal

Ok call me impressed. I never paid much attention to my drinks prices previously and simply left the ship with a big bar bill. Great news is my DH Johnny Walker Black is listed! So maybe this is going to be just fine :)

I wrote that post in a hurry. Hats off to Roger Jett who scanned and posted the menu. It's from May 2016, so what was covered then is probably exactly what's covered now A lot of people see $8, not realizing what it covers. Depending on the cruise line whose prices your familiar with, the HAL bar prices could be a welcome surprise.

SBP's are iffy at best. If you have around 6 to 7 drinks per day it's close to break even with the package cost, but that's every day. We had it once as a perk but doubt if we would ever buy it. We do wine packages at dinner and they are not covered.

They have several wines offered by the glass in the MDR that are available at the $8 price.

We had the drink package on our last cruise. My husband likes a Perfect Bourbon Manhattan made with Makers Mark. This isn't covered under the package. The server suggested that she would charge us for two drinks. That worked with other servers too. I think she charged us for a Manhattan and a shot of Makers Mark separately. We never came near the 15 drink limit so this worked out well.