Sell me on the Equinox

cruzluver2

We have never sailed Celebrity. We have sailed Carnival, Royal Caribbean and our favorite Princess. We are looking at an 11 night on Equinox in May 17. 2 adults, early 50's. Favorite activities is relaxing and a couple good shows and night entertainment. Don't like jazz or classical music. Please tell me if we would like this ship and why. Thanks.

We're diamond with RCI and have done a couple of carnival cruises. We've cruised 3 times with Celebrity, Equinox twice and we have her sister ship Eclipse booked.

Equinox is our all time favorite!!!! We spend most of the sea days in the solarium or on our balcony. Usually dress for dinner and maybe hit a show. We don't need or want all the games, playgrounds and silly pool shows that are becoming more and more important to RCI.

Book it, you'll love it. We've been on Equinox twice and Eclipse once. Both very similar and modern yet elegant. Enough going on around the ship so something for everyone to enjoy, yet no pressure if you just want to relax. Thoroughly recommend the Aqua Spa for peace and quiet. We love Celebrity and looking forward to trying Millennium in 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Classy ship, great varied entertainment, Murano's is our favorite specialty restaurant, would be our number one choice for a relaxing vacation.

Princess overall is our favorite, RCI for family cruises, Carnival for variety of food (Guys burgers, Blue Iguana, Guys BBQ, deli, pizza, Mongolian wok, etc)

We have never sailed Celebrity. We have sailed Carnival, Royal Caribbean and our favorite Princess. We are looking at an 11 night on Equinox in May 17. 2 adults, early 50's. Favorite activities is relaxing and a couple good shows and night entertainment. Don't like jazz or classical music. Please tell me if we would like this ship and why. Thanks.

I have never been on the Equinox but I have been on all the other S class ships.

If you have to be sold, maybe you should change travel agents or stick with your previous choices !

Eaglewar

It's the crew... our granddaughter has Autism spectrum and was afraid of going on a cruise. The crew was outstanding. After the first day of the cruise, she didn't want to leave the ship ever. These people work hard to make your time on the ship memorable. The ship itself is beautiful and well kept.

We're about to sail on Equinox for the fifth time, a month from tomorrow.

We love the look of the ship's interiors - classy and elegant and sophisticated. Not a neon sign or glitzy sign anywhere. Lots and lots of great lounges and places to sit and relax and people watch or enjoy a beverage or knit/stitch/read/etc. We love the Sky Lounge on deck 14 forward. Beautiful space.

Lack of announcements on the PA system. Celebrity treats us as adults who they assume can read the daily that is put on the bed each night. The assumption is made that we can do our own schedule and don't need to be reminded that bingo is in 15 minutes or that something else is happening.

We can take the beach towels they provide on shore without signing in and out, and we can do the same with the towels at the pool.

It sounds like you're going to love it. The 11 day cruise is a great itinerary. We've done it twice. We've done 10 day once and will be repeating it again soon. We've also taken a TA from Barcelona.

Although we aren't really buffet people as a general rule, the layout is great with "stations" spread around. There is really no line, just go to the station you want and pop in and out.

Book it and join your roll call. But then don't try and find out *too* much, because you only have that first-time-on-the-ship moment once. Let yourself be a little surprised to have that ooooooh and aaaaaaaah when you first board.

Celebrity is a step or two... above Princess. I like Princess, but love Celebrity!

We have been on the Equinox twice now on the 10 day cruise. Love it!

We really enjoy the hot glass blowing show, I could watch for hours!

Can't do it because of our 40 cruises that was the worst by far.

Useful to check the reviews. Bear in mind that Med cruises in July and August may be a different experience on board to a Caribbean cruise outside of holidays. Will also be interesting to see how the all inclusive model works in the Caribbean this season.

Our first RCCL was in 1989, last the Freedom in 2011,we are Diamond, 1st Princess in 1992, last the Ruby in 2012, 1st Celebrity in 1994, we are Elite, sailed the Equinox in 2014 & 15, and booked a 3rd time for Nov 2017, with over a dozen others we have cruised with before. The wifester is 60, I'm 63.

I don't think Celebrity would be a cruise you would like. :rolleyes:

The jazz is wonderful, the entertainment is horrid, the show's are way to loud to enjoy at all! The comedy is out dated, "do the people on the back of the ship get off in the same place as those in the front?" :eek:

It is way to quiet sitting at the Sunset Bar Aft or the Oceanview bar to enjoy a drink as the sun sets on the horizon listening to the totally boaring swoosh of the water breaking against the sides as She slowly glides thru the deep blue water. YUK!

Do yourself a favor, delete Celebrity from your browser history! Cause if you don't, you might book the most horrid vacation of all time, and by chance, enjoy it so much you will never go back to the others!:eek: Why take a chance like that.

EW

We've been on approximately 18 Princess cruises, three Celebrity, some Royal Cairibbean, 2 times on Equinox and just booked the Equinox again for 2017. The Equinox is a beautiful ship, and in our Grand Princess cruise this past week I kept thinking how much nicer the Equinox is. Entertainment is more plentiful on Princess, but we had good entertainment of the Equinox, too. The buffet on Equinox is far superior to that on the Grand but takes a back seat to the one on the Regal. We are in our 50s and have been sailing Celebrity since we were in our mid 30s. It is just a more elegant ship than the Older Grand class ships. I love the decor. I like the cabins more, too. On Princess we only got a chair in our cabin. On the Equinox all cabins have sofas

We had forgotten how poorly designed the horizon court buffet on Princess is, and nowhere to sit no matter what time we showed up. Poor flow on deck 7 with a log jam of people every night while trying to pass through the photo section. On The Equinox we never experienced any of that.

I definitely give the edge to Princess in the entertainment department.

However, we loved the upscale martini bar on the Equinox.

Food in the dining room is similar in both lines.

We usually do Aqua class on X so we especially enjoy the offerings in BLU, but lSt week on the Grand, we felt that the main dining room food was equally as good as that in Blu. Two years ago on the Grand the dining room food wasn't nearly as good. Not even close.

And their indoor pool has thick pads on the chaise lounges and is adults only, for the most part, and x isn't as child friendly as Princess so you will definitely see fewer children, if any.

Last week in the Grand we had very few kids on our 10-day MEXICO, but there were still a few toddlers who managed to almost ruin the adult atmosphere experience for several others at the LATE show in the main showroom, and on a different night, formal night, same kids screamed and yelped all thought the late dinner in the Main dining room. I've yet to experience anything like that on X. Not saying it wouldn't happen, but I just mean to convey that in X I always feel like I'm in an adult ship versus a daycare center environment. We always do a 10-day on Equinox, for the record.

Bands have been very good in the past, and they have a cirque du soleil style show in the showroom that is very good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

Not trying to be difficult, but how can strangers on this forum tell you what you will like, especially this ship. Some on this thread have already told you that you will love it. I really don't know how they can say that.

Not trying to be difficult, but how can strangers on this forum tell you what you will like, especially this ship. Some on this thread have already told you that you will love it. I really don't know how they can say that.

I expect that when people contribute and take the time to answer questions that are posted, they do so out of a desire to help the person come to their own decision. I also think people who ask questions are intelligent enough to realise that they are just thoughts, opinions and experiences of others. Ultimately it's up to the person asking the question to make their own decision based on the information received.

I'm sure cruzluver2 has read the many reviews on Equinox during their research process already. The title of their post was "sell me on the Equinox". The sheer nature of the title will automatically prompt people to focus on the positives. I make no apologies for being enthusiastic and sharing my knowledge with cruzluver2. Furthermore, when someone starts a sentence "Not trying to be difficult", in my opinion, it usually means they are!

• Like 1

I haven't been in the Equinox (will be for Christmas though :D) but DH and I have switched from being Loyal to Royal. We are mid-40's, no kids.

Favourite ships on RCL are the Serenade and Liberty. Haven't been on the big new ones yet....The Serenade reminds me of X's smaller ships like the Summit.

I'm not going to lie- there are times that I miss some of the activities on

RCL like mini-golf or the Wave-runner. I think the production shows are better but we have become less interested in these over time.

X excels in their food and beverage program and we really enjoy this aspect of cruising. The food quality is higher (though not as good as when we first experienced them). The lounges are gorgeous with a great variety of live music. We really enjoy hanging out in the different bars, enjoying an interesting cocktail, and listening to a guitarist, piano player, etc.

The number of lounges on Equinox is outstanding and I am excited to try new ones like the World Bar as well as old faves like the Martini bar.

The ships are beautiful and X does a stellar job of curating the spaces with world-class art. Based on the photos that I have seen, I am excited to explore the Equinox collection. I am also looking forward to the Hot Glass show- what a unique experience.

The Lawn provides a great opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors at sea and bocce will make a great substitute for my beloved mini-golf.

I guess it depends what you like to do but friends were so enthusiastic about the Equinox being their favorite out of all the ships on all of the lines that they have sailed (X, RCL, Princess, Carmival), that we took the chance.

If the price is right (and they have been lower than RCL lately) and you like the itinerary, I say go for it! Your RCL loyalty status transfers too!