I keep breaking the Cardinal Sin of Cruising.....

I keep revisiting RCCL's website and watch the fares drop for my upcoming cruise after final payment.

WHY do I do that to myself?? :cool:

Because if you see a lower price, you can upgrade to a better cabin. Also it gives you something to do while you are waiting for the cruise.

We just did that Sunday. Upgraded from a promenade cabin to a balcony guarantee at no cost. Received our room assignment this morning:) The promenade would have been our first non-balcony cabin and we were looking forward to something unique. But for zero cost increase we'll take a balcony:D

I check it everyday or so. Hoping to upgrade our inside cabin on Allure, in Dec, to at least an ocean view. Have had balcony cabin for at least last 10 cruises but going back to inside because we are paying for a lot of family members to sail with us this time as a Christmas present.

So after final payment they will let you upgrade at the current price? This will be our first time I'm ROyal and I was aware of this.

Yup.....we also upgraded after final payment from an inside to a balcony! The balcony cabins were priced $9 less than my original inside! I too, scour the website after final pymnt and drive myself crazy.....but this time it paid off! I checked again a couple days after making the change to the balcony and the balcony prices had gone back up higher than insides so sometimes it does pay to peek! [emoji4]. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sooooo........

I ended up calling up our TA and upgraded to a D2 Balcony for $73 additional dollars. Actually, all four of us played the Guarantee Lottery and all four of us are next to one another, just like it was when I booked our INSIDE cabins.

:p

I know, cabins on our Nov 20th cruise are dirt cheap compared to pre-FP. The JS Guaranty is cheaper than the D2 I have now. The funny thing is, there's only 1 JS left so you know exactly which one you're going to get.

Of course, there's many times the fares never drop to what I paid, take the good with the bad. I think it even out, mostly.

Edited by The Grumpus