Regal Princess Balcony

tc1177

TA says all Regal Princess regular balcony cabins on Caribe, deck 10, are bigger than other deck's regular balcony cabins and have the small sofa in them. She is not referring to Deluxe Balconies. This is a new TA and I'm not sure how I feel about her so I wanted to get word from the experienced. Anyone know if this is true?

She says what is listed as "premium" on Princess website is the same as the cabin I have booked. We are in a BE and the one in question as "premium" is BB.

She claims the only difference is that the BB is further to the center of the ship.

Edited by tc1177

TA says all Regal Princess regular balcony cabins on Caribe, deck 10, are bigger than other deck's regular balcony cabins and have the small sofa in them. She is not referring to Deluxe Balconies. This is a new TA and I'm not sure how I feel about her so I wanted to get word from the experienced. Anyone know if this is true?
You new TA does not appear to be familiar with the RoyalRegal. Her information is not correct for those two ships but, as others have posted, for the Grand class ships. Only Deluxe Balcony cabins, Cat Dx, have the love seat, not regular balcony, Cat Bx, cabins. If you need to rely on your TA for information about the Regal, I might consider a different TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

She says what is listed as "premium" on Princess website is the same as the cabin I have booked. We are in a BE and the one in question as "premium" is BB.

She claims the only difference is that the BB is further to the center of the ship.

This is correct.

TA says all Regal Princess regular balcony cabins on Caribe, deck 10, are bigger than other deck's regular balcony cabins and have the small sofa in them. She is not referring to Deluxe Balconies.

But this is not. Regal Princess is not "terraced" like the Grand-class ships; Caribe deck does not stick out further with larger balconies. On Regal balconies for both Cat B balcony cabins and Cat D deluxe balcony cabins are with rare exceptions all the same size. And there is only a sofa in the Cat D cabins, not the standard balconies.

Edited by fishywood

Just got off the Regal last Saturday and had SR C132, Balcony. The room had one chair to sit on and one desk chair, no couch. The Balcony was small but usable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off the Regal last Saturday and had SR C132, Balcony. The room had one chair to sit on and one desk chair, no couch. The Balcony was small but usable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Had the deluxe balcony on the Regal last year with a small sofa.

Not true at all.

We always use a TA. She saved us $1200.00 on our next cruise by not letting us pay all of it until the deadline, rebooking it and using credits. Kind of service I want and will reuse. No I can't give her name because CC doesn't want us to. Good to question everything tho. I always say "trust Pam!"

Book direct. Then you will talk to somebody that knows what they are talking about. Cut out the middleman.

Sent from my BLU LIFE XL using Forums mobile app

If you mean booking directly with Princess you'll be paying the price for it. In all my years of sailing there was only 1 time that Princess has beaten the TA that I use. That must say something.

The bottom line is finding a TA who knows what they're talking about & stay with them. Ask around at a CC meeting on board & you'll get lots of good advice from experienced cruisers.

Not true. Deluxe cabins have a sofa and are a tad bigger. All the rest have a chair. All balconies are the same size, very very small unless you are referring to premium balconies on the back

On the Grand class the Caribe cabins are all regular size with extra large balconies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

To the OP: I use the tools on the Princess website to investigate situations like this. From the website, select Onboard Ships, then select your ship, and select Deck Plans. You can explore the ship by deck, see all the rooms, and if you click on a specific room it will provide details of that room, including size. Next to the small room picture there is a diagram. Selecting the diagram icon will display things like chairs and sofa. On my iPad I can zoom in on the room to get a pretty good idea of what it is like. Then one can explore rooms on other decks, and get an idea of the ship's layout. It also is something to do when at home in the easy chair, awaiting for your next cruise, and it's lots of fun!

She's wrong. We just got off Regal and were on Caribe (C303 - accessible balcony cabin). Tiniest accessible balcony cabin we've ever seen. No couch - only a small chair. We did see some of the deluxe balcony cabins on our deck and those had small couches (the size of a loveseat) near the balcony. Those looked nice.

She's wrong. We just got off Regal and were on Caribe (C303 - accessible balcony cabin). Tiniest accessible balcony cabin we've ever seen. No couch - only a small chair. We did see some of the deluxe balcony cabins on our deck and those had small couches (the size of a loveseat) near the balcony. Those looked nice.

What's annoying is we don't know where to move that chair to get rid of it. It sort of fits in the closet area but it's still in the way.

I've never heard that name before but it sure fits the typical Princess balconies on the newer ships alright. :D
A "French" balcony is an extremely narrow balcony or no balcony at all with a door that opens and railing to prevent falling. It's too narrow to step out on. They're pretty common on river boats.