Young adults/children Cabin

TennisFL

It's for BOOKING PURPOSES ONLY...they do NOT care who sleeps where. And, what do parents of LARGE families do? 2 parents and 5 or 6 kids....no way to have 1 adult in each room. There ARE "work arounds"!

Obviously you have not thought your "logic" through.

If you move people around from their assigned cabins, how are they to get into cabins with their key cards? Are one of the parents with UBP going to switch key cards with the 16 year old? How is that parent going to get booze with the card of a 16 year old? What about leaving the ship while in port? You do realize when you hand your card to the security person they look at your picture to see the card is yours, right?

Even if the 16 year old does not try to get booze (which any intelligent server or bartender would deny them) they still would have charging privileges and could run up a big bill playing video games. I know a parent that happened to and the yout ran up over $1,000 in video games because he thought it was free.

Intentionally breaking and bending the rules often has unintended consequences.

Edited by Lido_Deck

If you move people around from their assigned cabins, how are they to get into cabins with their key cards?

You simply ask for extra keycards for each room. They only work for opening the cabin door; they can't be used for buying anything on board, or getting on/off the ship. Everyone keeps their original keycards for all those other things. (That's the easy way to do it, but it does mean that some in your group will have to carry around two different cards, and they will access to both rooms.)

Actually I do have advice regarding this policy but everyone seems to lose their minds when I bring it up.

To the OP I would look into the H6/BD category or any other category that has a connecting room to a Haven suite and book the adults in the Suite and the kids in the balcony and then everyone gets haven access/privileges.

Is it worth a few extra bucks for that type of booking? Hell yes.

Hawk, is that deep enough for you?

How many extra bucks are we talking? I don't have a clue how to do a mock up booking for this situation...anyone feeling adventurous and would like to take a shot at it from me? June 3 escape. Kids are 16 and 15. Currently we have connecting balconies, one parent and one kid in each cabin. It if matters, out perks in each cabin are UBP/DSC

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How many extra bucks are we talking? I don't have a clue how to do a mock up booking for this situation...anyone feeling adventurous and would like to take a shot at it from me? June 3 escape. Kids are 16 and 15. Currently we have connecting balconies, one parent and one kid in each cabin. It if matters, out perks in each cabin are UBP/DSC

Probably a lot of bucks.

Assuming you can find an H6 and BD available that connect.....

H6 (Aft Haven Suite), 2 adults - $7,673.78

BD, 2 "adults" - $2,892.86

Total - $10,566.64

If that configuration isn't available, you can also just do a 2-bedroom Haven Suite for all 4 of you. Each teen gets their own sleeping area (or they can share bedroom #2). $10,747.56.

I'm guessing both scenarios add an extra four-to-five grand to your tab.

Probably a lot of bucks.

Assuming you can find an H6 and BD available that connect.....

H6 (Aft Haven Suite), 2 adults - $7,673.78

BD, 2 "adults" - $2,892.86

Total - $10,566.64

If that configuration isn't available, you can also just do a 2-bedroom Haven Suite for all 4 of you. Each teen gets their own sleeping area (or they can share bedroom #2). $10,747.56.

I'm guessing both scenarios add an extra four-to-five grand to your tab.

Lol. Wow. That's a little more than a few extra bucks. Lol. 5000 extra bucks. I figured that that's exactly what it would cost....but the "few extra bucks" comments got my radar up...

Thanks for doing this for me. :)

Edited by Cruiser Who Knows Nothing

Lol. Wow. That's a little more than a few extra bucks. Lol. 5000 extra bucks. I figured that that's exactly what it would cost....but the "few extra bucks" comments got my radar up...

Thanks for doing this for me. :)

What's "a few" to one is "a lot" to another and "a fortune" to someone else.

Thanks for the confirmation that its not worth my time to continue fighting and that its new for this past summer. I moved on and booked Celebrity without any problem - balcony and an inside. It will be a great trip too.

I don't blame you. I'm sure it would have been a great trip, but so will the one you will be on. Maybe if more parents do this, and it starts actually affecting NCL where it counts to them, they will loosen it back up to what the other lines are doing.

The other aspect of it then is, should NCL not allow bookings initially into staterooms with connecting doors if the person is only booking one room? I know that will cause controversy to people who want those rooms, but if all the connecting rooms go then they will start loosing families (similar in how some lines are not allowing 2 people to book into a 3/4 person room in early bookings)

As someone who hires a couple dozen "youts" for seasonal work in the summer I can tell you finding "kids" that don't feel entitled and have a good work ethic is damn hard. When I find a good one I usually ask them,

"Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

Work ethic tends to run in the family. Hmmm? I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Lol my girls are always asked the same thing!

Our municipality has hired 3 of mine and takes very good care of them financially. Yes they get more than the others get....because they do more and do it better

I've even had the commissioner seek me out when I was with my youngest asking when she would turn 16

Another manager told me many many years ago that he wasn't retiring until the youngest got on the payroll!!

Don't get me started on all the babysitting gigs they get.....the moms do not care which sister shows up either....all are welcome...

Proud parents are we!!!

Obviously you have not thought your "logic" through.

If you move people around from their assigned cabins, how are they to get into cabins with their key cards? Are one of the parents with UBP going to switch key cards with the 16 year old? How is that parent going to get booze with the card of a 16 year old? What about leaving the ship while in port? You do realize when you hand your card to the security person they look at your picture to see the card is yours, right?

Even if the 16 year old does not try to get booze (which any intelligent server or bartender would deny them) they still would have charging privileges and could run up a big bill playing video games. I know a parent that happened to and the yout ran up over $1,000 in video games because he thought it was free.

Intentionally breaking and bending the rules often has unintended consequences.

If that kid thought they were free....it serves the parent right for being too ignorant to tell the kid it's not free

Heya,

I used to have this problem when I cruised with my brother and parents on NCL. In the end, we would just book me and my mum in one room and dad and brother in another. Did mean we had to swap keycards though which was pretty annoying!

I don't blame you. I'm sure it would have been a great trip, but so will the one you will be on. Maybe if more parents do this, and it starts actually affecting NCL where it counts to them, they will loosen it back up to what the other lines are doing.

The other aspect of it then is, should NCL not allow bookings initially into staterooms with connecting doors if the person is only booking one room? I know that will cause controversy to people who want those rooms, but if all the connecting rooms go then they will start loosing families (similar in how some lines are not allowing 2 people to book into a 3/4 person room in early bookings)

I go out of my way to try and choose a cabin without a connecting door. I do the same in hotels. Connecting doors make for greater noise transmission. I don't want my kids hearing enthusiastic amorous moments or even worse, drunken domestic arguments.

Ran into this issue this past summer on RCCL Anthem - wouldn't let me book my 20 yo daughter in her own inside studio. Phone rep suggested putting my name in that cabin, and hers with my husband, and then "whatever we do on the ship" is up to you.

So she stayed in the inside cabin, and we swapped key cards. Because RCCL has WOW bands we could use those to unlock the correct cabins.