Galaxy Note 7 Banned From Flights

Just a tip in case you haven't heard on the news yet, but if you own a Galaxy Note 7 phone made by Samsung, you can't fly with it. Haven't heard anything yet if they are banned on cruise ships, but they have faulty batteries that cause the phone to catch on fire or explode.

I know fire hazards are taken seriously by RCI, so I'm curious if they'll soon ban these devices. I'm an iPhone user so no worries for me but I'll be letting my group of 25 people traveling with me in November on Liberty about the ban since we all are flying to Houston.

Here's the rundown on the whole story: http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/18/13314864/samsung-note-7-flying-safe-airport-exchanges?spMailingID=13625669&spUserID=MzM4NTgyNjc2MTMS1&spJobID=843710951&spReportId=ODQzNzEwOTUxS0

Just a tip in case you haven't heard on the news yet, but if you own a Galaxy Note 7 phone made by Samsung, you can't fly with it. Haven't heard anything yet if they are banned on cruise ships, but they have faulty batteries that cause the phone to catch on fire or explode.

I know fire hazards are taken seriously by RCI, so I'm curious if they'll soon ban these devices. I'm an iPhone user so no worries for me but I'll be letting my group of 25 people traveling with me in November on Liberty about the ban since we all are flying to Houston.

Here's the rundown on the whole story: http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/18/13314864/samsung-note-7-flying-safe-airport-exchanges?spMailingID=13625669&spUserID=MzM4NTgyNjc2MTMS1&spJobID=843710951&spReportId=ODQzNzEwOTUxS0

many days old news

It ain't that great of a device to play Russian roulette with the battery.

Don't believe the hype. A few units catch fire out of millions sold (maybe 1 in 50K) and we are playing Russian roulette, really? :rolleyes:

Biker, who can bet a cruise virtually no one will remember this panic a year from now.

Edited by Biker19

many days old news

Many ways of being rude. [emoji849]

The link I posted mentions new kiosks in airports for Note 7 users to trade in their phones. Newest update since the recall from Samsung. Some people aren't avid news watchers so it was a simple share to the CC community. Thank you for playing [emoji6]

Many ways of being rude. [emoji849]

The link I posted mentions new kiosks in airports for Note 7 users to trade in their phones. Newest update since the recall from Samsung. Some people aren't avid news watchers so it was a simple share to the CC community. Thank you for playing [emoji6]

Stating fact is rude???

Very old news.

I have a friend who got a replacement one and is flat out refusing to give it up, he doesn't want anything else. TBH I think he could he convinced if Samsung were offering a better deal to turn them in, but I can't see that happening. He is planning to keep it until they bring out the next one and is going to take his chances. I guess he will be driving a lot for the next few months.

I have a friend who got a replacement one and is flat out refusing to give it up, he doesn't want anything else. TBH I think he could he convinced if Samsung were offering a better deal to turn them in, but I can't see that happening. He is planning to keep it until they bring out the next one and is going to take his chances. I guess he will be driving a lot for the next few months.....

......during which he is more likely to get hurt in a car accident than his Note 7 catching on fire.;)

Just saw this added to the RCI Australian website.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Update

Royal Caribbean will no longer allow Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones onboard our ships. This decision was made in light of recent incidents and safety concerns raised by Samsung about this particular device, as well as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recent ban of the phone from all airplanes. We ask that guests who own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 not bring the device on your cruise. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and looking forward to welcoming you aboard.

Just saw this added to the RCI Australian website.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Update

Royal Caribbean will no longer allow Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones onboard our ships. This decision was made in light of recent incidents and safety concerns raised by Samsung about this particular device, as well as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recent ban of the phone from all airplanes. We ask that guests who own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 not bring the device on your cruise. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and looking forward to welcoming you aboard.

Thanks for posting this update!

We pre-ordered so we had the first ones. Then we had the Galaxy S7 Edge as a replacement as a result of the first recall. Then we had the replacement Note 7. Now we have gone back to the Note 5. At least with A&T as of the end of the m9nth

Sent from my SM-N920G using Forums mobile app

I waited for the note 7 to be released(pre-ordered) to switch from Verizon to AT&T...

I went from the note to the S7 edge back to the note and unfortunately back to the S7 edge!! If I had an old phone from AT&T to fall back on I would take my chances with the Note 7!!

I have a friend who got a replacement one and is flat out refusing to give it up, he doesn't want anything else. TBH I think he could he convinced if Samsung were offering a better deal to turn them in, but I can't see that happening. He is planning to keep it until they bring out the next one and is going to take his chances. I guess he will be driving a lot for the next few months.

I was tempted to buy a phone on ebay as a back up and keep my Note 7...

With any luck the Note 8 will be released early 2nd quarter (rumor I read somewhere)

@CJ_One2000, thank you for posting the information. Yes, you are correct, the airport ban was just a few days ago. Unfortunately, I'm waiting for some moron to ignore the ban and carry it onto a plane anyhow. I have a friend who's phone caught on fire a few weeks ago. Thankfully, she didn't have it in her hand or her pocket. That is some scary stuff.:o