Water Taxi

MartinsCruise

We will be in Ft Lauderdale on Nov. 5 & 6 during the boat show. Has anyone had any experience riding the water taxi during the show? They said the schedule is changed during the show and we'll have to take a taxi to the show and get on a different one from there. For those who live in the area, do you think this will be a problem? Thank you for any help you can give us.

Sue

We will be in Ft Lauderdale on Nov. 5 & 6 during the boat show. Has anyone had any experience riding the water taxi during the show? They said the schedule is changed during the show and we'll have to take a taxi to the show and get on a different one from there. For those who live in the area, do you think this will be a problem? Thank you for any help you can give us.

Sue

Are you going to the boat show or do you want to ride the water taxi?

From my understanding, the water taxi routes are suspended during the boat show and the water taxis are used for transporting people to and from the boat show.

If you have not planned to attend the boat show, I highly recommend this.

Sue:

Look at my post on the roll call site for our cruise. I emailed the water taxi and I posted their response. Hope this helps.

Bonnie

Are you going to the boat show or do you want to ride the water taxi?

From my understanding, the water taxi routes are suspended during the boat show and the water taxis are used for transporting people to and from the boat show.

If you have not planned to attend the boat show, I highly recommend this.

We didn't plan on atttending it but thought it would be a good way to see different areas of FLL and some yachts along the way. I'm worried that it may be difficult trying to get on the boats if there are a lot of people waiting to board.

Sue

Sue:

Look at my post on the roll call site for our cruise. I emailed the water taxi and I posted their response. Hope this helps.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

I did see your post so I emailed them to find out if we could hop on at Margaritaville but it looks like they won't be running the southern route. The upside of this is the tickets are only $10 so it may be worthwhile trying it out. Do you still plan on doing this?

Sue

Hi Bonnie,

I did see your post so I emailed them to find out if we could hop on at Margaritaville but it looks like they won't be running the southern route. The upside of this is the tickets are only $10 so it may be worthwhile trying it out. Do you still plan on doing this?

Sue

I'm pretty sure all of the routes are suspended during boat show so they can be used for transportation.

I'm pretty sure all of the routes are suspended during boat show so they can be used for transportation.

The website I gave above spells out the 3 routes that run during the boat show plus info on hours and fares. In a nutshell:

• The Water Taxi will operate boats from one hour before the show until one hour after the show.
    Hours of operation: Thursday – Sunday 9 AM – 8PM Monday 9 AM – 6 PM
    The last outbound boats from the Boat Show Barge are at 7:30 PM Thursday-Sunday and 5:30 Monday.
  • Your fare for all day Water Taxi access is only $10.
  • The Water Taxi will run three different routes, each route servicing a geographic area and all feeding into the Boat Show at the Bahia Mar Yachting Center in the middle of the super yachts (map on the website)
    • River Route:Runs east and west along the New River and Las Olas Boulevard through Downtown Fort Lauderdale, connecting with the Boat Show at the Bahia Mar Yachting Center.
    • Southern Route: Runs on a loop connecting the Boat Show venues located to the south with the Bahia Mar Yachting Center along with parking facilities and other area amenities. Includes stops at Hilton Marina and Pier 66.
    • Northern Route: Runs north and south along the Intercoastal Waterway connecting the Gallery One Doubletree Hotel / Galleria Mall with the Bahia Mar Yachting Center.

The first time we ever took the water taxi was on a post cruise day during the Boat Show in 2010. The captains still gave the tourist spiels about the houses and the boats (which are absolutely incredible) plus the ticket was much cheaper than normal. We had a great time.

Edited by capriccio