Can you bring snacks on board?

Shirleybird

I know to some this may sound dumb but I wanted to buy my husband a container of cashews from Costco to have in the cabin for him as a snack. Is this allowed for me to bring on the ship? Can I/should I bring it in my carry on bag?

Thanks

Bring it!!!

I know to some this may sound dumb but I wanted to buy my husband a container of cashews from Costco to have in the cabin for him as a snack. Is this allowed for me to bring on the ship? Can I/should I bring it in my carry on bag?

Thanks

You won't have any problem in either carry on or checked. I usually bring protein bars, individual packets of nuts, and 100% fruit snacks. We carry them in the backpack for something to eat on excursions.

Thanks

Not dumb at all...Hope my wife thinks of this..:)

Thanks

No worries, taking it off, may be a problem in some ports.

Thanks

Yes you can.

No worries, taking it off, may be a problem in some ports.

I've never had any of my stuff searched when getting off the ship in the ports.I know you're not supposed to take fruits/vegetables/meats off the ship in the ports, but I've never heard of them searching bags when leaving the ship in a port.

Yes you can.

I've never had any of my stuff searched when getting off the ship in the ports.I know you're not supposed to take fruits/vegetables/meats off the ship in the ports, but I've never heard of them searching bags when leaving the ship in a port.

The last three times we were in Cozumel(Feb/ June/Dec 2015) there were a dogs sniffing items. That has been the only port.

Thanks

Bring whatever you can! I bring snacks for the entire week, and then water (which you now can order for pretty cheap since you can't bring on cases of water anymore). It's great to not have to get dressed or trek out if my daughter is just "a bit" hungry.

Thanks

Yes you can. We took 2 bags of roulette doritos on the 9th. We should have taken 3 bags :/

In Mexico, they had a dog and were searching bags that the dog indicated on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A lot of people brought their own snacks onboard in the aftermath of the Triumph catching fire & losing power a few years ago! We sailed soon afterwards and brought an emergency stash of energy bars & jar of peanut butter. Some people brought more than that! :D

I will be trying to think of some nice pre-packed snacks to bring- for "low sugar" issues; especially for excursions, "just in case". Never did that for our cruising before, didn't need to, but just want to be prepared this time as health issues are changing.... Hubby not a fan of nuts, looking for healthy-and yummy....