Can you bring snacks on board?

Shirleybird

I've never had any of my stuff searched when getting off the ship in the ports.I know you're not supposed to take fruits/vegetables/meats off the ship in the ports, but I've never heard of them searching bags when leaving the ship in a port.

In Cozumel they use dogs to sniff all the bags people are carrying off. The dogs are trained to sniff out fruit. They had a huge trashcan full of bananas, apples and oranges. Why can't people follow instructions? They announced it, it was in the Fun Times, yet so many people thought it was OK to violate the rules of another country.

It states in all of the materials for Coz that you can take off snacks as long as they are factory sealed yet you still have people taking off sandwiches with lettuce from the deli, fruit etc. That is what the dogs are trying to sniff out. One little bug is all it takes to start an infestation on an island to wipe out their crops. All sealed items are allowed unless there have been recent changes.

It states in all of the materials for Coz that you can take off snacks as long as they are factory sealed yet you still have people taking off sandwiches with lettuce from the deli, fruit etc. That is what the dogs are trying to sniff out. One little bug is all it takes to start an infestation on an island to wipe out their crops. All sealed items are allowed unless there have been recent changes.

Yep this has always been our experience. We don't try to take food or fruit from the buffet off the ship, all our snacks are sealed in individual packages.

Just out of curiosity, can you bring fruit on at embarkation? I know you can't take it off or bring it on in any ports you may visit but is it OK if bought in the same home port the ship is stocked from?

Carnival website does not specifically say anything about fruit, but it does read:

"Food Items must be pre-packaged and unopened; homemade items or pre-cooked foods will not be permitted onboard. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention. We are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items."

So I would say no you can not.

In Mexico, they had a dog and were searching bags that the dog indicated on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You never want the Lab sit next to you at the dock.

On one cruise I remember seeing a 20-something think it was neat that a dog came to her and sat down. She wasn't too happy when she had to empty her purse because of a piece of fruit.