SOLSTICE Fully and Partially Obstructed Balcony Cabins

orphaned

Can anyone tell us what the obstructions are please? Or any advice or tips on what to avoid, etc, especially as to "fully obstructed". Many thanks

I have not yet been on the Solstice, going in May. But I have been on the sister ship Equinox. Obstructions are usually a life boat you in front of you,

and partial obstructions are a life boat below you. We have been in partial obstructions, it's not a problem, you can still see past the life boat. If you know what room you are getting you can look at the deck plan to see what

you will get. Hope that helps some, maybe someone else will share too.

I have not yet been on the Solstice, going in May. But I have been on the sister ship Equinox. Obstructions are usually a life boat you in front of you,

and partial obstructions are a life boat below you. We have been in partial obstructions, it's not a problem, you can still see past the life boat. If you know what room you are getting you can look at the deck plan to see what

you will get. Hope that helps some, maybe someone else will share too.

were the cabins with a lifeboat in front of you verandas of window rooms? I don't recall any verandas with a life boat in front of you. only with the top of the L.B. equal with the top of the veranda rail.

I had 6158 and it was obstructed by a lifeboat and rigging BUT, it didn't come up as high as the balcony railing. I had a great view out while sitting down. This particular cabin had a pie-shaped balcony and the extra room really made a difference. I wouldn't hesitate to book it again.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Partially obstructed balconies (2C) have a lifeboat next to them with the roof of the lifeboat level with the floor of the balcony. Fully obstructed balconies (2D) have the larger lifeboats/tenders next to them with the roof of the boat level with the top of the railing. You will not have any view sitting but the view standing is good. Specific cabins may have been reviewed in the S class cabin sticky at the top of the page. EM

I had 6158 and it was obstructed by a lifeboat and rigging BUT, it didn't come up as high as the balcony railing. I had a great view out while sitting down. This particular cabin had a pie-shaped balcony and the extra room really made a difference. I wouldn't hesitate to book it again.

I have 6208 booked for a TA on Eclipse. It is the first on the "slant" going out to the aft hump. Similar to yours. Do you remember if the cabin fwd of yours had a bigger balcony than yours?

We are thinking of booking 8274 + 8278 on Solstice and before leaving the deposit was wondering if anybody has any reviews on these two cabins.

The 1st and 3rd cabins on the slant from the main hump of Solstice class ships have the largest verandahs. The 2nd and 4th are still larger than average but not as 'deep' as the other two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

• 3 weeks later...