Changes ?

dwaterhouse

It's been a year since we sailed carnival and we leave in 2 days, one of the changes is that they did away with luggage expess ( loved it ); I also noticed while watching YouTube videos that I didn't see the white robes..... So did the do away with them? Any other changes I can expect ?

I think robes are only in suites now but if you ask your steward they can usually round you up a couple if you want. I've heard others have asked and they were put in their room for them.

Now you need to do faster to the fun, be booked into a suite, be platinum or diamond to have your luggage delivered to your room faster.

You may or may not be asked if you want room cleaning once or twice a day. You are suppose to still have a choice of twice a day service but some stewards are insisting you choose one or the other. If you press you can get both since that is Carnivals policy. No more chocolates on the pillows, no more turn down service at night. No more lobster or steak (think steak was cut) on cruises less than 7 days unless you want to pay for it.

You still have free room service but you also have a extra pay for options on the room service menu like hot wings, fries etc.

You can no long carry on water or any other beverages in bottles other than 2 bottles of wine. Only 12-12oz or smaller cans of soda per person are allowed to be carried on.

That's all I can think of, most of those you probably already know about.

Thank you... I love having a robe, I don't wanna pack my carnival robe.... Takes up to much space in the luggage, especially when we fly.

We had a robe in our inside cabin last month. I think that it depends on ship. On those ships that are in the "trial" for Comfort Matters, I don't think that they automatically put the robes in your cabin, but you can ask for them and they will be provided. No packing necessary!

Now I will miss this the most..... We used it every time it was offered

Convenient, but I can see how it either opens a security hole (if the luggage is checked in before you) or a logistics mess (if the luggage is held until after you check in. Unless its for an airline reason (e.g., bags missed the flight the pax was on), your bags will not fly if you do not board the plane. They have to get up in the hold, find your bags and pull them off the plane if you don't board.

No more lobster or steak (think steak was cut) on cruises less than 7 days unless you want to pay for it.

Steak is still available, but lobster was cut. Steakhouse options of steak (better than the steak offered on the MDR menu) or lobster may be available for a $20 up charge.

Edited by tandemcruzr

We had robes in our cabin for our July Magic cruise. Changes since last cruise: No bottled water allowed to be brought onboard; ordered bottled water for the cabin (refrigerator was empty -not stocked with cash bar items). No lining up on deck for muster drill -just gathered in an assigned lounge for a safety talk. American Table in MDR - no tablecloths, water service and breadbasket on table.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had robes in our cabin for our July Magic cruise. Changes since last cruise: No bottled water allowed to be brought onboard; ordered bottled water for the cabin (refrigerator was empty -not stocked with cash bar items). No lining up on deck for muster drill -just gathered in an assigned lounge for a safety talk. American Table in MDR - no tablecloths, water service and breadbasket on table.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You still have to stand along the deck for a long, long time for the muster drill on the Freedom and the Liberty. Our muster drill lasted 45 minutes last month. It was hot standing out there and my sciatica was killing me by the time it was over.

The only ships where we got to sit in a lounge for the safety talk was on the Magic and the Breeze.

I think robes are only in suites now but if you ask your steward they can usually round you up a couple if you want. I've heard others have asked and they were put in their room for them.

Now you need to do faster to the fun, be booked into a suite, be platinum or diamond to have your luggage delivered to your room faster.

You may or may not be asked if you want room cleaning once or twice a day. You are suppose to still have a choice of twice a day service but some stewards are insisting you choose one or the other. If you press you can get both since that is Carnivals policy. No more chocolates on the pillows, no more turn down service at night. No more lobster or steak (think steak was cut) on cruises less than 7 days unless you want to pay for it.

You still have free room service but you also have a extra pay for options on the room service menu like hot wings, fries etc.

You can no long carry on water or any other beverages in bottles other than 2 bottles of wine. Only 12-12oz or smaller cans of soda per person are allowed to be carried on.

That's all I can think of, most of those you probably already know about.

Robes are in Spa rooms.

Turn down service, sans chocolate, is offered if you choose evening or both.

Flat iron steak IS OFFERED EVERY night in the dining room.

Continental breakfast and sandwiches are still offered free of charge. Hot items (not breakfast) are offered at an additional charge-don't order and you don't pay! You are not required to pay for something you don't want..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app