Is there an Platium/Elite embarkation lounge at port everglade?

chloe45

Isn't the lounge at FFL just for Elites and Suites ??

It was the last time I sailed from there , has it change to now include Platinums too ??

The lounge on the 2nd floor at Terminal 2 is only for elite and suites.

There is a separate seating area on the second floor for platinum. Basic seating. No amenities.

Here are two photos of the elite/suite lounge at Terminal 2.

891229%20001%2012.29.14%20Elite-Suite%20lounge%20at%20Port%20Everglades%20DSC03794_zpsca4bxfie.jpg

891229%20002%2012.29.14%20Elite-Suite%20lounge%20at%20Port%20Everglades%20DSC03795_zpscc54bafq.jpg

That Elite Suite lounge, once boarding avoids the on board photo.

However last time a photographer announced anyone coming out with him and take photo would board right away. My husband and I followed him. Set up was near where Platinums were sitting. Took our photo and then he said we had to go back into Elite lounge. He "lied" just to get Elites to take photo. We had a good laugh and so did the other waiting elites when we came back to the waiting room.

P.S. Good photo, we bought it later.

The lounge on the 2nd floor at Terminal 2 is only for elite and suites.

There is a separate seating area on the second floor for platinum. Basic seating. No amenities.

Here are two photos of the elite/suite lounge at Terminal 2.

891229%20001%2012.29.14%20Elite-Suite%20lounge%20at%20Port%20Everglades%20DSC03794_zpsca4bxfie.jpg

891229%20002%2012.29.14%20Elite-Suite%20lounge%20at%20Port%20Everglades%20DSC03795_zpscc54bafq.jpg

This was not the Elite/Suite Lounge in March of this year since the Terminal 2 renos took place.....it was the "rabbit warren" that Pam described above with a number of small rooms located right at the base of the gangway.

Same for us on our January cruise out of FLL.

When you're Elite/Suite they direct you to an elevator to go to the area upstairs.

Last time we boarded in Fort Lauderdale, we got there early - as usual. We are platinum and were just about the 1st platinums in that boarding area. Eventually, there were so many platinums that they started letting them go up the escalator and they wound up boarding before all of us that got there early and were patiently waiting the "platinum" boarding area. That was really bad planning and totally unfair.

Last Christmas we left on the Emerald from FLL. I would call the Elite/Suite area a rat maze. I went wondering through small rooms and found the coffee for the wife. Then I had to find my way back. I should have attached a string to the wife to find my way back:D. Just kidding, it really was not that bad but was a real strange room.

We were sitting in the 1st small room and were the 1st to board. The only port I ever had issues with was Vancouver OMG that place was just sick:eek:.

framer

Edited by framer

Last Christmas we left on the Emerald from FLL. I would call the Elite/Suite area a rat maze. I went wondering through small rooms and found the coffee for the wife. Then I had to find my way back. I should have attached a string to the wife to find my way back:D. Just kidding, it really was not that bad but was a real strange room.

We were sitting in the 1st small room and were the 1st to board. The only port I ever had issues with was Vancouver OMG that place was just sick:eek:.

framer

That room is sometimes used for the Elite only. They call them before the Platinum.

So, basically boarding for Suites/Elites, Platinum is a crap shot in Ft Lauderdale. Thanks for the heads up.
I guess I can add that to the reasons we don't sail out of FLL. Caribbean ports do nothing for us. The only two cruises we took out of FLL were to the Panama Canal. Of course we do live in Southern California.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

Anyway, this is our first time sailing FLL since we became platinum, always NYC, so this information is useful to us. We just might hang out at the hotel till 11 ish to leave for the pier.

Always New York... We are going on our first cruise out of Brooklyn on the Regal 27 Oct.

Any tips would be appreciated. Any differences from FLL. We plan to arrive early at the pier and we are elite. Thank You

Always New York... We are going on our first cruise out of Brooklyn on the Regal 27 Oct.

Any tips would be appreciated. Any differences from FLL. We plan to arrive early at the pier and we are elite. Thank You

Awsom, you are going on the Regal, this cruise I have done for the past 5 years.

Have you or are you on the Roll Call? Great Group of people...Are you flying in, to what airport, how are you getting to the port, staying in Brooklyn?

You can private e mail me at myfuzzy716 at aol dot com

Only have a few days left!!!

Just put Cruise Critic in the subject line Thanks!

Edited by myfuzzy

There is only one pier and one terminal at the Brooklyn site, so it is much less hectic than Port Everglades.

If you will be arriving there by taxi, make sure you know how to get there (use Google maps (for example) before you leave home) as many cab drivers have no idea where to go.