Room Service

Sherbertscamper

Makes more sense than having them sit in the narrow hallways "hotel style".

If you call, say after breakfast, when you are about to leave can they get in to the cabin for the pickup, or would that require the cabin steward? Our next cruise is our first inside cabin and I know we will not want to hang around there waiting for tray removal. Maybe room service breakfast (we usually do it once a cruise) will have to be skipped.

Don't skip Room Service Breakfast because of tray removal concerns!

I have never called Room Service to have the tray removed after breakfast when I am ready to leave the stateroom. Either my Cabin Stewards will take care of it or when the Room Service Steward comes around to collect the trays, he will get it. Whether he has to have the Cabin Steward's help to get the tray, I do not know. I am not concerned about such a thing.

We had a little card on our tray that requested us to call the room service number to have our try picked up when we were finished

We tip $2 or $3, depending on how much we order

We order room service a lot, mainly breakfast items, and then late-night snacks.

I learned early on, to bring a stack of $1 bills. I keep them in the top drawer of the desk area. Right after I place my order, I get my tip out to have it handy when they deliver. LIke others have said, they make the deliveries fast.

Do you put the tray in the hall or wait for them to collect it?

Your second paragraph supplies information that I never knew. I assumed that there were separate Stewards who were part of the Room Service section and were not involved with Lido/MDR service. In the past, I have not recognized any who provided both Room Service and/or MDR/Lido service for me. Interesting!

Always, I offer a gratuity for Room Service! And, I have the money readily at hand when I open the door. The gentlemen are in and out so quickly that there is no time to be finding one's wallet.

Ditto on that, for breakfast I actually put the tip into the cabin door crack by the handle so I can grab it before I open the door for the steward. I don't think I've ever seen our regular cabin steward deliver breakfast. Although it generally will be the same person through out a cruise.

I learned early on, to bring a stack of $1 bills. I keep them in the top drawer of the desk area. Right after I place my order, I get my tip out to have it handy when they deliver. LIke others have said, they make the deliveries fast.

Ditto on that, we generally bring $100-$200 in 1s and 5s just for tipping purposes. The amount varies by the length of the cruise. We almost always have room service breakfast on port days as it allows us to multi-task breakfast and getting ready to go out on excursions for the day.