Will the ship take my luggage to the airport?

mklions

Hi All,

Hope you can answer this question for me.

When we finish our cruise in November we will no doubt have to leave the ship in Sydney quite early 8-9am?

Our flight home is not until 4.00pm which if we go straight to the airport, we will be hanging around for quite a few hours.

We would ideally prefer to spend a the morning looking around Sydney but realistically this could only happen if we could off load our heavy suitcases.

Is there a way we could forward our luggage securely to the airport and do Princess offer this service.

Thanks,

Mklions

There is a service called Luggage Direct whereby Princess will ship your luggage home via a shipping service. The cost is something like a minimum of $99/bag.

EZCheck is a service offered at a few US ports whereby Princess checks you in, prints your boarding pass and airline luggage tags, takes your luggage to the airport, and checks it in. You don't see it from the time you put it out the night before disembarkation and when you arrive at your US final destination. Cost is $20/pp. This service is only offered for flights within the US with a couple of exceptions from a couple of Canadian ports for flights ending in the US.

The luggage direct (shipment) program, even if it's available, can be pretty expensive if you're getting free check-in luggage from your airline.

Another option in Sydney is to bring your luggage to a storage facility while you tour around the city. There is a luggage storage facility run by Smarte Carte a block or so from Circular Quay on Loftus Street (near the Marriott Circular Quay). I think they opened at 8 am. We used them when we arrived in Sydney last year.

It's not too bad of a walk from the terminal to the storage facility as it's pretty level ground, but you do have to cross several streets.

After dropping our bags off, we did some touring around the city. When we were ready to go back to the airport, we picked up our bags and then took the airport train from Circular Quay.

There is a service called Luggage Direct whereby Princess will ship your luggage home via a shipping service. The cost is something like a minimum of $99/bag.

From the Princess web site:

"Princess Luggage Valet Service is provided by DHL Worldwide Express and Federal Express. Domestic and international shipping is available. Rates start as low as $90 US per piece each way for domestic express shipments and $250 US per piece each way for international. Rates are based on shipment size, weight and destination and include limited Shipment Value Protection. Reservations must be secured at least 35 days prior to your sailing date. Domestic shipments are typically scheduled for pick up 7 days prior to the sailing departure date and most international shipments are typically scheduled for pick up 14 days prior to the sailing departure date. Service is also available for post cruise shipping."

It is available from Sidney at a minimum cost of $250 per piece.

Basically, due to customs and other regulations, the luggage can not have much of what a traveler usually packs. Again from the Princess web site: "Shipments are limited to the shipping of luggage containing personal clothing and some sports equipment. Items such as toiletries, cosmetics, medication, vitamins, electronics and jewelry are prohibited. Goods or items purchased during your travels may not be shipped via Princess Luggage Valet as they could be subject to duties and taxes. Shipments may not be locked as they are subject to inspection."

Hi All,

Hope you can answer this question for me.

When we finish our cruise in November we will no doubt have to leave the ship in Sydney quite early 8-9am?

Our flight home is not until 4.00pm which if we go straight to the airport, we will be hanging around for quite a few hours.

We would ideally prefer to spend a the morning looking around Sydney but realistically this could only happen if we could off load our heavy suitcases.

Is there a way we could forward our luggage securely to the airport and do Princess offer this service.

Thanks,

Mklions

Hi,your best bet is a debark tour,most cruises do one.We just done one at Fort Laudadale,your luggage stays on bus with you,cheers,Brian.

Since you have a 4 pm flight, you may like the Inland Waterways Coastal tour at disembarkation which is offered by Princess. It was very well organized and tour is over at 1 pm. Your luggage will accompany you on the bus and you will be taken to the airport in ample time. We enjoyed the tour very much.

Oops! I didn't read the post completely and discovered you will be exciting in Sydney. (I was thinking Fort Lauderdale). Sorry.

Sorry,that was my fault maybe quoting my debark tour from FL.Heres one maybe, Sydney city highlights and Bondi beach and on to airport,just under $40,good value I think, cheers,Brian.