Port Everglades - Global Entry

ken987

We disembarked from the Silhouette last January at Port Everglades. Global Entry was not advertised but our porter asked us. We were Albee to by pass a very long line and were through the terminal in a few minutes. The system is not automated so make sure you have your Global Entry card.

We disembarked from the Silhouette last January at Port Everglades. Global Entry was not advertised but our porter asked us. We were Albee to by pass a very long line and were through the terminal in a few minutes. The system is not automated so make sure you have your Global Entry card.

That was my experience last November. No Global Entry kiosk, but you were able to bypass the long lines following the signs to the Global Entry booth.

I was wondering about this myself. After out Med cruise we flew into PHL and simply had to insert our passports into a kiosk. No need to fill out the form.

Of course, that's an airport experience, not a terminal experience. It sounds at though the cruise terminals are not as sophisticated.

My last experience at Port Everglades was move to the front of the line, which I did not do as the line was not too bad and something in me just has a problem moving to the front- even though it is my right as a GE member. However, I was under the impression things had changed and they really were testing the kiosks. So would love to hear from someone that has gone through in the last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got off the Silhouette in March and were directed to the GE line by virtue of our having been in a suite. It's not jumping to the front of the line, exactly--it's using a shorter line.

I have GE but my DH does not. I do carry the card just in case for entry at PE.

I was wondering about this myself. After out Med cruise we flew into PHL and simply had to insert our passports into a kiosk. No need to fill out the form.

Of course, that's an airport experience, not a terminal experience. It sounds at though the cruise terminals are not as sophisticated.

Last time we were at Port Everglades I had a chat with a CBP agent and ask if there were future plans to put in automated Kiosks. He told me No.

Hank

If they will update to the Mobile Passport app. Most busy airports already have this option. Some travelers say it is as easy as GE.

I just read on the port's site that they are going to have mobile passport. We tried it at DFW this summer and it was a mess - no one seemed to know what to do with it. We'll stick with GE for now.