Smoking on the Summit

debs0712

Asking this question for my husband. Where exactly can you smoke on the Summit??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As I recall, in January 2016, smoking was allowed in a small section on the port side of the pool deck (Resort deck 10) close to the doors near the mid-ship elevators. Also, smoking was allowed at tables on the same deck on the port side of the Oceanview Bar (outside on the aft of the ship) just outside the Oceanview Cafe (buffet). I don't think smoking was allowed anywhere else and smoking areas have been gradually eliminated over recent years, so perhaps this is no longer accurate. Definitely no smoking allowed inside nor on balconies.

Asking this question for my husband. Where exactly can you smoke on the Summit??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Below are the common smoking areas for Celebrity Summit. Areas subject change at the ship's discretion.

Deck 11 - Port side next to Mast Bar

Deck 10 - Sunset Bar - Aft port side

Deck 10 - Pool Deck - Midship Port side

Deck 4 - Open deck Port side from Midship going to forward

There is no smoking on balconies. I am just off the Summit and there were people smoking on their balcony on deck 7 just above our room, 6140. I told Maja, in the Michael's club the first evening as the front desk did not answer the phone when I called to complain. She was well aware of the situation. This room was smoking once more while i was out on the balcony. I called and was told it would be taken care of. I have one complaint--- there was a gentleman walking around the ship smoking an electronic cigarette. It had no smell however it was quite smokey and I felt it was in violation of the Celebrity policy.

There is no smoking on balconies. I am just off the Summit and there were people smoking on their balcony on deck 7 just above our room, 6140. I told Maja, in the Michael's club the first evening as the front desk did not answer the phone when I called to complain. She was well aware of the situation. This room was smoking once more while i was out on the balcony. I called and was told it would be taken care of. I have one complaint--- there was a gentleman walking around the ship smoking an electronic cigarette. It had no smell however it was quite smokey and I felt it was in violation of the Celebrity policy.

We were on the same cruise, also on deck six. People on either side of us smoked on their balconies and a cabin above us also smoked on the balcony. We called guest relations but it continued.

We were on the same cruise, also on deck six. People on either side of us smoked on their balconies and a cabin above us also smoked on the balcony. We called guest relations but it continued.

I wonder if they were "fined". I believe it's a $250 fine. But then again, the cruise line doesn't like to make waves for fear of losing customers.:rolleyes:

We just got off a b2b and were in cabin 9039. There was definitely smoking on one of the cabins on either side of us - to the point where we could not sit on our balcony (which we paid more for) or enabled us to keep our slider open to enjoy the sound of the sea, etc. We knew that guest services would be of no help in this situation and just shut our slider but have to admit that we were upset to be in this situation. I don't know the solution . . .you can't call guest services and say that you "suspect" that the cabin on your left (or right) is smoking on the balcony and expect them to send up someone to confront that person. It is the honor system and frankly I know better than to expect smokers to adhere to the honor system.

Too bad that they don't have one side of the ship's balconies designated "smoking" so that at least when booking a particular side of the ship would mean we have a better chance of avoiding the smoking issue. Sad that we all have to suffer for the habit of some.

Please fellow cruisers turn the smokers in that don't smoke in designated areas. They are not allowed to smoke on balconys and they force others the breath that junk. They all think no one can smell it whether it be reg cigs or electronic cigs but coming from a family of smokers I am well aware of the damage it does and what it does to others who do not wish to smoke. Cigerettes took my dad , mom and brother lifes. Granted their choice but not mine.

If I'm on a cruise ship balcony i will definitely be at guest services if I smell smoke and tell where its coming from.

Its just plain rude.

Below are the common smoking areas for Celebrity Summit. Areas subject change at the ship's discretion.

Deck 11 - Port side next to Mast Bar

Deck 10 - Sunset Bar - Aft port side

Deck 10 - Pool Deck - Midship Port side

Deck 4 - Open deck Port side from Midship going to forward

We were on both Summit and Constellation this year, and there was no smoking at all on Deck 10 at the Sunset Bar, either port or starboard. I'm willing to bet it's still the same.

I wonder if they were "fined". I believe it's a $250 fine. But then again, the cruise line doesn't like to make waves for fear of losing customers.:rolleyes:

The only cruise with Celebrity that we have had major problems with people near us smoking on their balcony was on Infinity, Around the Horn of South America in Jan 2014.

There were several Europeans just upwind in cabins next to us or very near our cabin.

We had smoke from our immediate neighbor early in the cruise and I complained to the front desk, it didn't stop, so I complained again and mentioned it to our room steward, who got the housing manager/officer involved, and after about three or four days the smoking stopped, so we could enjoy our balcony again. Then about two days prior to the ship's arrival in Valpariasio, the smoking started up again and i spotted it from the same neighbor. I should have taken a photo.

The housing officer finally came by and talked with me about it and said that they found no cigarette butts, ashes or smoke (ignoring my statement) and only warned the culprits once more. I think because we were near the end of the cruise, Celebrity didn't want to fine the culprit.

I suggest that if it happens and you can take a photo, do it for evidence and report it to the housing officer immediately.

We just got off a b2b and were in cabin 9039. There was definitely smoking on one of the cabins on either side of us - to the point where we could not sit on our balcony (which we paid more for) or enabled us to keep our slider open to enjoy the sound of the sea, etc. We knew that guest services would be of no help in this situation and just shut our slider but have to admit that we were upset to be in this situation. I don't know the solution . . .you can't call guest services and say that you "suspect" that the cabin on your left (or right) is smoking on the balcony and expect them to send up someone to confront that person. It is the honor system and frankly I know better than to expect smokers to adhere to the honor system.

Too bad that they don't have one side of the ship's balconies designated "smoking" so that at least when booking a particular side of the ship would mean we have a better chance of avoiding the smoking issue. Sad that we all have to suffer for the habit of some.

I would be complaining! I paid extra for a balcony so I could sit out there and enjoy it. If I was unable to enjoy it because another guest was doing something that broke the Celebrity rules I would complain every time. Celebrity either needs to make it right to compensate me in some way.