Luggage to Airport

tjmaher

I am thinking of sending luggage to the airport so I won't have to deal with it until we land back at BWI. Has anyone every used RCCL service for this, especially with Southwest and does anyone know the cost? Thanks in advance

We've never used the service but are thinking about it after Allure this winter. Would also be Southwest, look forward to the info that's posted here. I think I've read that there are restrictions based on flight times, and that it's 20.00/pp.

Edit - just found this with a quick google search:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service

Edited by bouhunter

We unfortunately couldn't do it because our flight was 11:15am and I believe the earliest flight they will do it for is 11:30. Also, there are cutoff times for how late of flight you have too-they are listed on the website.

I don't believe you can book ahead of time but maybe mid way through the week you can sign up for it (they'll have a reminder of it w/ your compass at night in your cabin) It sold out VERY quickly on our trip. It was $20 a person and if you're flying Southwest and only have 2 bags total, you can just have one person sign up and send both bags instead of each person paying $20 for one bag each. Since SW doesn't charge for first and second bags that's the smarter way to do it. Even if you have a family of 4 with one bag each, just pay for 2 people w/ 2 bags each.

If you fly an airline that has luggage fees I believe RC will charge those separately. I'm not sure though because we were going to do it w/ SW as well.

I used it a couple of times, and it did exactly what I wanted. My luggage was available at my home airport.

One trick if you are flying Southwest is to check both bags in for one person and you only need to pay one fee instead of two. Since Southwest allows two bags for free, you do not need them to check in any other people if you only have two bags.

I used it a couple of times, and it did exactly what I wanted. My luggage was available at my home airport.

One trick if you are flying Southwest is to check both bags in for one person and you only need to pay one fee instead of two. Since Southwest allows two bags for free, you do not need them to check in any other people if you only have two bags.

We pondered just your idea. But, we didn't pay for early bird check in, so one wouldn't be checked in.

But definitely like the idea.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We pondered just your idea. But, we didn't pay for early bird check in, so one wouldn't be checked in. ...

If I was using Luggage Valet for Southwest, and had not purchased Early Bird, then I would check-in myself at the 24-hour mark. There is no way to know when the cruise line will check you in when using Luggage Valet, it could be anytime after the 24-hour mark.

We pondered just your idea. But, we didn't pay for early bird check in, so one wouldn't be checked in.

But definitely like the idea.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I usually pay for internet, so I always check my party in at the 24 hour before mark if I have not purchased Early Bird checkin. As was said above, you never know when the cruise line is going to check you in, and I would rather get as low a number as I can.

But since I have been staying overnight after cruises lately, I do not use the luggage valet since I need my stuff for the hotel that night. I figure, why rush home.