Seeing Anthem leave Cape Liberty?

JAMESCC

We don't sail on Anthem till next September but I am fascinated by the sheer size of these cruise ships, and wondered if I could go down and see Anthem take off? Is there a place to park and then hang out? Is that even allowed?

If it's sailing from Port Liberty there's free parking at the park when you drive past the terminal parking.

Yes Port Liberty, thanks. It'll be a madhouse on the day the ship is in of course. I do want to see it in person.

Cool guys, thanks. You guys are correct, after boarding cutoff it probably will be very empty. I never saw a ship leave like that, always been on them leaving port. Anthem is a monster too. We were on Breakaway last month and Anthem is like 20,000 tons bigger.

There is a lovely 9/11 memorial at the end of the dock. Make sure to check it out when you go to see the ship!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g46290-d1887195-Reviews-To_the_Struggle_Against_World_Terrorism-Bayonne_New_Jersey.html

Yeah we actually left from this port 3 times in the past, just not since Anthem has been here. There is a tear drop looking 9/11 memorial right? Always saw it from the ship but not up close from the ground. I will be sure to check it out thoroughly. Thanks for the suggestion.