Wwhat is the verdict on Margaritaville on Breakaway?

JAMESCC

Just returned from a week on Breakaway and we really enjoyed Margaritaville! The Nachos were huge and super delicious and the margaritas were quite good. Loved the view from up there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Doesn't sound like a money maker!!! May be the location is the problem....

Doesn't sound like a money maker!!! May be the location is the problem....

Yeah- the location is out of the way. Also on Breakaway in the winter there are several sea days that it is way too cold to be there since it is covered but not enclosed, meaning it is an open-air eatery and unusable when it is cold or windy as it was 3 of the 7 days of our cruise. It was also only open lunchtime through about 5 pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Margaritaville is part of what keeps me coming back to NCL. Their frozen margaritas are amazing and the Cheeseburger in Paradise and Volcano Nachos are delicious! Over the course of a cruise, I usually eat there 2 or 3 times and get drinks daily. The "nachos" at O'Sheehan's are a joke.

10h8yo1.jpg

35aiqyt.jpg

2i087xg.jpg

11cgpzr.jpg

Like it. love it. hate it. Makes no difference. It bombed. They can't give it away as intended, it's too crowded. They tried that, can't control it. If they charge for it, the place is ghost town. You can't have that kind of square footage on a cruise ship go mostly unused. After the initial contract is up, it's gone.

Like it. love it. hate it. Makes no difference. It bombed. They can't give it away as intended, it's too crowded. They tried that, can't control it. If they charge for it, the place is ghost town. You can't have that kind of square footage on a cruise ship go mostly unused. After the initial contract is up, it's gone.

they can handle it with shanghai noodle bar being free...why not this?

Is there validity to this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there validity to this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure. Sounds plausible, but I thought NCL was also partnering with M'ville to sell some sort of horrible themed time-share resort deal.

(Details are fuzzy. People were reporting getting OBC, I think? To sit through a sales pitch during their cruise.)

Not sure. Sounds plausible, but I thought NCL was also partnering with M'ville to sell some sort of horrible themed time-share resort deal.

(Details are fuzzy. People were reporting getting OBC, I think? To sit through a sales pitch during their cruise.)

Not OBC, but last October on the Escape eastern Caribbean sailing I got an email offering to have the use for the day of the St Thomas Margaritaville timeshare resort, which included lunch at the restaurant there and vouchers for two drinks. You had to prepay $99 per person for this and if you attended the timeshare presentation you got that amount refunded to your stateroom account. We and friends we were cruising with attended and enjoyed the resort's beach, lunch and pool for the day. The timeshare pitch was very low key. Our "host" even told us she couldn't recommend buying in for us. We went with an open mind and asked lots of questions!

I listen to Margaritaville radio on XM and they just had a sponsored cruise on the Getaway a few weeks ago with a DJ attending.

So I don't see the partnership going away anytime in the near future.

I don't hate the Margaritaville on the ship,on the Escape last October had good food and wonderful drinks and they were playing Buffett music.

But I do miss Flamingo grill, I loved that food!

Edited by justhappy