Virtual Balcony Question?

Jcol5786

Is there a way to find out which ships offer VB's other than doing a fake booking to see if the category shows up?

It will still take some time to look it up, but you can go to site like cruisedeckplans and it will list all the cabin types on a ship.

There was no noticeable heat or noise from the VB (when you turned the sound down). There is a small remote that has 3 buttons that controls the VB, volume up and down, and the "power" button which turns off the picture.

I concur it is what you make it, and all about your attitude. I'd rather suck it up and stay in an interior room than not cruise at all. We just got off a river cruise and that room was TINY - 135 sf, but it was the best cruise we have taken by far. We only slept, showered and changed in the room. If we had to pay for a big room with a nice balcony, we couldn't have afforded the trip. :)

no question ;-)

Edited by Roce48

We sailed on Quantum and had a room with a VB. Loved the room' date=' loved the sound, loved the images. It was great. I have stayed in balconies, suites, interior, ect. Loved them all... If its a great price I take it! Our VB was great![/quote']

Thanks duffy's wife. That's the sort of response that makes me think we will be fine in a VB. As I mentioned in the first post of this thread we are thinking about taking a second bonus cruise in Sept or Oct of next year so a VB might fit the bill however our next cruise is coming up on Allure in February and we have a Boardwalk balcony second from the end over looking the Aqua theatre. Really looking forward to this cruise and this room. There is always the possibility that Allure might spoil us for any other ship or room type. I guess it's a chance we will have to take! In the mean time we will continue looking for a good deal on a 2017 cruise. Perhaps when on Allure we'll book through the onboard booking and get some OBC. Thanks again for all the replies, pictures and links to videos.

We have stayed in an inside once, and from then on we have booked balconies and Ocean Views. My wife would refuse to stay in an inside, but I talked her into trying a VB on the Anthem last year. Now she is a big fan of VB over OV if the price right. :)

We are trying our first Grand Suite in February for a short "economically" friendly cruise deal. I hope she doesn't like it too much, or we will end up poor! lol

Jcol5786' date='

We are on Allure on the same cruise!

Meet and Mingle?

A entire group of us are going....

:) WE are a fun group![/quote']

We are already signed up for the Meet and Mingle on that cruise. Looking forward to making some new cruise friends!