What is Going on with Pricing?

lvz2cruz

I've been checking my cruise fairly often to see if a preferred location opens up. Final payment is later this month, so I'm looking to see if someone holding my favorite cabin decides to cancel.

For the past month or two, the Neptunes have been the same. Yesterday, I noticed that they all had gone up about $150, including the SC guarantee, although no SCs are available to choose at the moment. Ex4 is still on (until mid-Nov?) but the October bonus is gone. Availability of NS and Sig suites appears to be dwindling, so I don't expect a price drop after Ex4 ends, but I'll check.

I've been checking my cruise fairly often to see if a preferred location opens up. Final payment is later this month, so I'm looking to see if someone holding my favorite cabin decides to cancel.

For the past month or two, the Neptunes have been the same. Yesterday, I noticed that they all had gone up about $150, including the SC guarantee, although no SCs are available to choose at the moment. Ex4 is still on (until mid-Nov?) but the October bonus is gone. Availability of NS and Sig suites appears to be dwindling, so I don't expect a price drop after Ex4 ends, but I'll check.

Not unusual for HAL to offer only guarantees on SC cabins as they use this category for "low price" promotions. This way if you want to book a specific Neptune cabin, you have to pay a bit more to do so.

Not unusual for HAL to offer only guarantees on SC cabins as they use this category for "low price" promotions. This way if you want to book a specific Neptune cabin, you have to pay a bit more to do so.

There haven't been any SCs showing as available to choose since I made my booking (SB corner aft). There aren't many SCs (six?), but that seems to be typical of entry level cabins. I don't know if they're booked or HAL is hiding them to make that guarantee look better.