Formal nites on the Regal, Easter Caribbean

Cobra427SC

Since the Regal has made this trip a number of times this fall, does anyone know the schedule for formal nites? I know I could wait until I board, but tryin' to plan ahead here. (unusual for me) steve

Formal Nights for this itinerary are typically Tuesday and Friday, the rest are Smart Casual.

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

To be more specific:

SUNDAY - Embark Port Everglades

Smart Casual

MONDAY - AT SEA

Smart Casual

TUESDAY - Amber Cove

*Formal*

WEDNESDAY - St. Thomas

Smart Casual

THURSDAY - St. Maarten

Smart Casual

FRIDAY - AT SEA

*Formal*

SATURDAY - AT SEA

Smart Casual

SUNDAY - Disembark Port Everglades

Edited by dmwnc1959

HIi DMWNC, and thanx for your prompt and useful answer. Contrasts nicely with the glib and useless answer I got from the other poster. Much appreciated. Now I can start ironing my tux! s

You are more than welcome! That's what we are suppose to be here for....to help each other.

Since the Regal has made this trip a number of times this fall, does anyone know the schedule for formal nites? I know I could wait until I board, but tryin' to plan ahead here. (unusual for me) steve

Actually the Regal has not made the Eastern Caribbean trip yet this fall.

I will know the schedule of formal nights in 18 days. :) I would think formal nights would be Monday and Friday,both Sea days ,but..... Time will tell.

Actually the Regal has not made the Eastern Caribbean trip yet this fall.

I will know the schedule of formal nights in 18 days. :) I would think formal nights would be Monday and Friday,both Sea days ,but..... Time will tell.

I noticed that too, assuming she was back to doing to 'standard' eastern run Royal Princess had been doing. I checked the Princess Cruises website real quick and was in the process of trying to change the last post and time ran out: whereas Monday use to be Princess Cays and now it's a Sea Day; and Tuesday was a Sea Day and now it's Amber Cove. This would in affect switch formal nights. I agree to what you said making the MONDAY and Friday Formal Nights.

My apologies to the OP!

:o

oops! I thought they'd already made this run earlier in the fall. From my previous experience, i'da thunk it would be Monday and Friday, sea days, but we do get in early (3P) on Tues, so it could be then as well. thanx to both of you. s

To be more specific:

Smart Casual

MONDAY - AT SEA

Smart Casual

TUESDAY - Amber Cove

*Formal*

WEDNESDAY - St. Thomas

Smart Casual

THURSDAY - St. Maarten

Smart Casual

FRIDAY - AT SEA

*Formal*

SATURDAY - AT SEA

Smart Casual

I'll bet on Monday. :p

To be more specific:

Smart Casual

MONDAY - AT SEA

Smart Casual

TUESDAY - Amber Cove

*Formal*

WEDNESDAY - St. Thomas

Smart Casual

THURSDAY - St. Maarten

Smart Casual

FRIDAY - AT SEA

*Formal*

SATURDAY - AT SEA

Smart Casual

Also betting on Monday. Curious how one could definitively state that a Tuesday port day is formal when it follows a Monday sea day that is not--especially on a brand new itinerary yet to run. Basing it on last year's sailings with Princess Cays on Monday and At Sea on Tuesday I guess?

oops! I thought they'd already made this run earlier in the fall. From my previous experience, i'da thunk it would be Monday and Friday, sea days, but we do get in early (3P) on Tues, so it could be then as well. thanx to both of you. s

The ship is currently heading to Brooklyn (tomorrow) finishing a short Canada/NE cruise. She then heads to Ft Lauderdale (on a 10 day repo cruise) where she arrives on Nov 6...to begin her winter Caribbean schedule. As others have said, you can normally depend on the first full day to be the first formal night. The 2nd one will never be on the last night of the cruise...so its mostly likely on the 2nd to last night.

Hank

Also betting on Monday. Curious how one could definitively state that a Tuesday port day is formal when it follows a Monday sea day that is not--especially on a brand new itinerary yet to run. Basing it on last year's sailings with Princess Cays on Monday and At Sea on Tuesday I guess?

If you had read the later posts you would have found out that I was in the middle of trying to correct that and ran out of time. I did issue in a subsequent post (Post #9) an agreement with the MONDAY and Friday Formal Nights based off of the current 7-night Eastern Caribbean Amber Cove itineraries.

To be more specific and more likely:

Smart Casual

MONDAY - AT SEA

*Formal*

TUESDAY - Amber Cove

Smart Casual

WEDNESDAY - St. Thomas

Smart Casual

THURSDAY - St. Maarten

Smart Casual

FRIDAY - AT SEA

*Formal*

SATURDAY - AT SEA

Smart Casual

Again my apologies to Steve (Cobra427SC) for the confusion.

Edited by dmwnc1959

I'm on this itinerary in December. The 2nd week of our B2B. For our 14 day trip, we only have 3 formal nights (sorry Floridalover, they don't always have two... ). Our first week is the Western Caribbean and I'm guessing our Formal Night will be Tuesday (at sea). We are in port Wed, Thur & Friday (Friday is Cozumel until 10pm) and I know they won't do the formal on Saturday as that is the last night for a majority of the ship. I'm also betting on Monday (sea day) and then Friday for the 2nd week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm on this itinerary in December. The 2nd week of our B2B. For our 14 day trip, we only have 3 formal nights (sorry Floridalover, they don't always have two... ). Our first week is the Western Caribbean and I'm guessing our Formal Night will be Tuesday (at sea). We are in port Wed, Thur & Friday (Friday is Cozumel until 10pm) and I know they won't do the formal on Saturday as that is the last night for a majority of the ship. I'm also betting on Monday (sea day) and then Friday for the 2nd week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh, that's OK. I didn't realize it was a 14 day trip. We don't participate in formal nights anyway except for the food portion. The fewer the better.

Enjoy.

HIi DMWNC, and thanx for your prompt and useful answer. Contrasts nicely with the glib and useless answer I got from the other poster. Much appreciated. Now I can start ironing my tux! s

Ironing your tux? :eek: It should be dry cleaned?

Enjoy your cruise.?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

What's with the writing style? Trying to make a point about yourself that no one really cares about?

http://www.ravefabricare.com/true-quality-cleaning/2013/1/11/caring-for-your-tuxedo.aspx

If you have no interest, then Just move on.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Why the overemphasized writing style? Just make your point like everyone else. "Screaming" your responses makes you look petty.

If my writing style matters more to you, and not the content of what is written, I just want to let you know, I am visually impaired and have font (and color I can see) on my computer set large so I can see what I'm typing. And I sometime make typos.

So, when my friend is here, like now, she reads and types for me. And then my font can be in regular size.

I've never had, or found reason, to share or explain my disability to CC members until now. Do you understand? :mad:

And, I hope for your sake, you never go blind.

So, if you can, be kind to others, and try to have a nice day. And a nice life too. :cool:

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Do you understand? :mad:

No, not really.

I can view text on my monitor in what ever font size I enjoy.

The simplest way is control-mouse-wheel in most browsers.

This is independent from what font size I select for posting.

Edited by pablo222

If my writing style matters more to you, and not the content of what is written, I just want to let you know, I am visually impaired and have font (and color I can see) on my computer set large so I can see what I'm typing. And I sometime make typos.

So, when my friend is here, like now, she reads and types for me. And then my font can be in regular size.

I've never had, or found reason, to share or explain my disability to CC members until now. Do you understand? :mad:

And, I hope for your sake, you never go blind.

So, if you can, be kind to others, and try to have a nice day. And a nice life too. :cool:

The large type make it difficult reading.

You could always type it in a large font & reduce it prior to posting.