Extra room key

jerseygirl3

If that is the case then why are tips PER PERSON and not by cabin?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are confusing the collection of the HSC with the distribution. A cabin steward's share of the HSC is not based on the number of passengers in his cabins any more than a dining steward's share is based on the number of passengers at his tables over the course of the cruise.

Let's not turn this into yet another tipping thread. The OP was enquiring about acquiring an extra room key.

Tips are pooled so it makes no difference in money.

Hotel Service Charge is per person, so four people will be paying. The HSC is pooled, so it makes no difference.

I don't want to turn this into a tipping thread, but now I'm confused.

So, I keep my HSC in place and my cabin stewards, dining stewards don't get to keep it all if other have decided to cancel their HSC? I didn't realize this.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programme ;)

I don't want to turn this into a tipping thread, but now I'm confused.

So, I keep my HSC in place and my cabin stewards, dining stewards don't get to keep it all if other have decided to cancel their HSC? I didn't realize this.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programme ;)

You are confusing HSC and extra tips given.

HSC always goes into the pool to be shared by all. If the HSC is left in place, any extra tips given may be kept by the person receiving it. If the HSC is not kept in pace, those extra tips must also go into the pool.

Edited by Boytjie

You are confusing HSC and extra tips given.

HSC always goes into the pool to be shared by all. If the HSC is left in place, any extra tips given may be kept by the person receiving it. If the HSC is not kept in pace, those extra tips must also go into the pool.

Gosh, didn't realize this would cause such a convo! To clarify, my sister decided rather late in the game to book this cruise and couldn't afford the single supplement. Our friend paid 200% as a single supplement. I offered to add my sister to our cabin as a third (and she paid third passenger rate as well as port taxes and fees). It was actually my friend who suggested my sister share her cabin with her so we wouldn't be crowded with 3. My sister added her fare to my friend's fare, and they split it in half. So believe me, HAL didn't lose out. They actually made more money since my sister paid a third pax fare and my friend paid the single supplement.

I did worry about the tipping, but since it appears the tips are divided by cabins and not passengers, I think it will all work out. We'll just go to Customer Relations and request an extra room key. I don't see where it will be a problem. Our TA said the cruiseline doesn't care where people sleep! It's not like she's a stowaway!

Edited by jerseygirl3