new clue murder mystery game

kassimer1

Went to the first thing on Breeze but didn’t go to any of the events to collect clues. Was going to go to the big reveal but ended up being at something else.

Just no interest in wasting time going to bingo or an art auction or a shopping show.

We played the Clue game a few weeks ago on the Glory. It was very disappointing. There really wasn't anything to "figure out". You picked up your card at the beginning of the cruise. It was right before a Bingo game, if I remember correctly. The card listed all of the times and locations that a clue would be given. Each of these times you were given one person, weapon and location that was NOT the answer. If you attended all sessions, you had eliminated all but one possibility because they gave you the answers. Everyone who managed to get all of the clues wrote answers on a card and all cards were put into a drawing. They randomly drew one of the cards. That person won a small travel size game. That was it.

Had I known in advance, I would not have made it a point to take time to get the clues. I will not be doing this again on future cruises!

has anyone played the new clue murder mystery game. I saw it in an email today. it really looks fun. I was wondering where would we pick up our packet so we can play? It said it was already on pride and we go in it in January. any info will be appreciated.

DH and DS played on our last cruise...there was one meeting/session I think on the first sea day where they handed out these sheets like you'd use in regular Clue to help eliminate characters and locations. Every day until the last day before debark there would be another session/meeting and at the last one you had to turn in your sheet with your guess as to who did the murder. I believe they sorted out the ones with the correct guesses and then drew a winner from there. IIRC, DH and DS won by default because it was such a long, drawn out game that a lot of people had come to the first meeting/session but had dropped out because it took place over so many days.

• 2 months later...

I played the clue game on the magic last week. It was a short bit before bingo, which was funny and the cruise director was into it. The staff had fun and it was obvious they were having a good time, which always makes it more fun for the participants. The only time you needed to sit through anything was the first round, when they did the mini clue show before bingo, and you could get some bonus eliminations if you sat through it. I decided to play bingo anyway that day, so I was there. Between each round of bingo they announced one clue, so in about an hour you got 3 eliminations.

After that one time, Each day there was something to do which only lasted 5 minutes, not time consuming and no waiting through sales presentations. Two times, we had to go some location on the ship to pick up a puzzle to solve. Each time it was three puzzles on a slip of paper that were fairly easy, and that revealed another part of who did not do it, where the crime did not occur, or what weapon was not used.

The clue booklet was given out before bingo /mini show and it gave exact times to go to certain places to get clues. Again, no presentations. One day, we had to meet at a bar and the characters were supposed to be there and you could ask question. The bar was pretty well occupied by people playing the game. One character appeared and told us she has an improved alibi and was with another character. She also said since they were carrying certain weapons with them, you could also infer they were eliminated too. We missed one clue, and just like real murder mystery games you need to find the hidden..or in this case for me easy...solution to the puzzle....I had it figured out on day 3.

Before the last day of bingo, there was a very large 8 foot sign at the stage with the word hasbro clue on it, in the style of the game. Right below the huge sign was a square box to put in your solution. The CD made an announcement thanking everyone for playing and solving the gasp.. murder...gasp... and then picked a winner. He stated over 150 people entered the drawing.

The winner received champagne, a ship on a stick, large game of clue, small card game of clue, and a clue carnival lanyard with a branded clue magnifying glass. And I was the winner!

I played the clue game on the magic last week. It was a short bit before bingo, which was funny and the cruise director was into it. The staff had fun and it was obvious they were having a good time, which always makes it more fun for the participants. The only time you needed to sit through anything was the first round, when they did the mini clue show before bingo, and you could get some bonus eliminations if you sat through it. I decided to play bingo anyway that day, so I was there. Between each round of bingo they announced one clue, so in about an hour you got 3 eliminations.

After that one time, Each day there was something to do which only lasted 5 minutes, not time consuming and no waiting through sales presentations. Two times, we had to go some location on the ship to pick up a puzzle to solve. Each time it was three puzzles on a slip of paper that were fairly easy, and that revealed another part of who did not do it, where the crime did not occur, or what weapon was not used.

The clue booklet was given out before bingo /mini show and it gave exact times to go to certain places to get clues. Again, no presentations. One day, we had to meet at a bar and the characters were supposed to be there and you could ask question. The bar was pretty well occupied by people playing the game. One character appeared and told us she has an improved alibi and was with another character. She also said since they were carrying certain weapons with them, you could also infer they were eliminated too. We missed one clue, and just like real murder mystery games you need to find the hidden..or in this case for me easy...solution to the puzzle....I had it figured out on day 3.

Before the last day of bingo, there was a very large 8 foot sign at the stage with the word hasbro clue on it, in the style of the game. Right below the huge sign was a square box to put in your solution. The CD made an announcement thanking everyone for playing and solving the gasp.. murder...gasp... and then picked a winner. He stated over 150 people entered the drawing.

The winner received champagne, a ship on a stick, large game of clue, small card game of clue, and a clue carnival lanyard with a branded clue magnifying glass. And I was the winner!

Oh good! Now I am excited again! We said on the Magic in August,