Unlimited Data Plan

charlielinda

Hi! I have a quick question. Is the data plan per cabin or per devise. Thanks so much.

Per device, as previous poster said. Log out with 1 device, in with another. Here's my workaround if you have an android tablet. You can download an app called FoxFi (free, but unlimited versions is a small charge). Then you can hook your tablet to ship WIFI. Turn on FoxFi making your tablet a hub. DH can then hook to your tablet, log into FoxFi (you create a password so others can't) and VOILA! both are hooked with one unlimited per cabin. The only downside is that ship WIFI can be slow and then even slower when hooking in tandem. Also I'm told that it can be sketchy in cabins although we've been lucky and were always able to access it in every Concierge cabin we've booked. Good luck and happy sails!

Am I correct in assuming the unlimited data plan is the unlimited internet package? And is it unlimited for each person booked in a cabin or only one package per cabin.

I haven't cruised Celebrity for a few years..

Christine

Am I correct in assuming the unlimited data plan is the unlimited internet package? And is it unlimited for each person booked in a cabin or only one package per cabin.

I haven't cruised Celebrity for a few years..

Christine

Yes, it is unlimited WIFI. It is limited to one device at a time, not person or cabin. You need to log off with one device before connecting another. If you want to log on with more than one device, you each need your own plan, or see my post below for a workaround if you have android devices. FoxFi isn't available for Iphones or Ipads

We got the Free Perk of unlimited wifi and in our cart history it shows 1 unlimited data for Hubby and 1 unlimited data for me. In this case, I expect that we each can be on wifi on our own devices.

That was our experience on Eclipse last summer. My wife and I each had our own plan--but one device at a time per person.

I have a cruise booked under the "Go Best" promo which is premium beverage package for two, $150. Per person to spend onboard, prepaid tips for two, and unlimited Internet for two.

Since these perks are for two, celebrity told me that we could both have a device connected to the Internet at the same time.