Weight limit on North Star?

I was making reservations of my upcoming Anthem cruise. I didn't realize this, but I guess there is a weight limit for the North Star? My husband doesn't make the cut. I feel bad because he was really looking forward to it. Not really a question, just wanted to share this info in case it would help anyone else. I reserved a spot for my son and I still....but I'm sad we won't be able to do it as a family.

I was on the anthem twice this year. In April I was standing in the standby line and was watching what was going on. Each group of people was lined up by the bar and one by one they start making their way towards the spiral stair case. Each person would stop and then look down before going up the staircase. That is when I realized they are weighing the people. I vary at times on each side of that weight limit. Not knowing what side of that scale I was on, I slowly slipped out of the line not wanting to feel the embarrassment and rejection of being turned away.

Now over the summer before going on the inaugural New England cruise, I took off twenty five pounds and was so proud. I couldn't wait to go back and give the North Star another shot. I was going up in no matter what. Now this time they didn't weigh anyone. I didn't get it but it was great.

From what I'm been told the weight limit has to do with the rescue harness that you might have to wear and repel down should the sphere ever gets stuck up in the air.

Just watch what is going on when they are running it and have fun.

Sometimes it is easier just to wait in the standby line instead of making reservations especially on port days.

BTW they warn you about the slight drop when they unlatch the boom, but it stills startles you a bit.

Edited by defiant

Nobody in our group was weighed for the ifly in August. Didn't see anyone weighed while we were there. Maybe it depends on who is working in that area at the time?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

We were on Northstar as I said above. We didn't get to do Ifly as the outside decks were closed for our scheduled time due to winds.

North star gas a weight limit of 300lbs because that what the safety harnesses can hold. That being said, when we went in July, no one was weighed on our turn. I fly had a limit of 230lbs for people under 6ft. Over 6ft the limit is 250 BUT they let my son go who is 6'2 and 254.