Carnival Glory - being "warned" about anything?

beshears

Well OP , this is not specific to Glory but a general comment that Spring break cruises can be packed .

There can be a "party" crowd although this is not specific to the Glory or Carnival .

I would also add the worst overcrowding I've ever experienced was on my Glory cruise .

We were at 125 % of capacity due to the large amount families cruising . The weather wasn't

great so inside the ship was crazy crowded . Overall it was still a good cruise .

Well OP , this is not specific to Glory but a general comment that Spring break cruises can be packed .

There can be a "party" crowd although this is not specific to the Glory or Carnival .

I would also add the worst overcrowding I've ever experienced was on my Glory cruise .

We were at 125 % of capacity due to the large amount families cruising . The weather wasn't

great so inside the ship was crazy crowded . Overall it was still a good cruise .

I think Glory attract a large crowd because it is an attractive ship and the price is not bad. Spendor and Conquest are comparable in sizes but I think Glory is mor eye-catching. There are few other ships such as Dream, Freedom and Breeze too but there are a little pricier and I believe most people prefer the Miami port.

I avoid the art auctions. I've did go in my first seven or eight cruises but was taken back at the "starving artist" paintings they were trying to pawn off at ridiculous prices. Yes, there are some good pieces but they aren't a bargain.

One of my best friends works for the Minneapolis Institute of Art and the conversation he had with one of the auctioneers was priceless.

The Alchemy bar is a great place to try new, tasty and interesting cocktails but be careful, the cocktails are strong.

The Glory is one of my favorite ships. It really isn't anything too special about her that other Carnival ships don't have but each cruise was the most fun I've had on a Carnival cruise.

Go and enjoy,

Mike

We do breeze past to see the offerings at the art auctions. priced very high for their limited offerings of disneyana-type we collect. Still, it's a nice diversion to see what they have to offer.

Not a wine snob by any means, but across all the lines we've sailed, have never been able to finish a flute of the free champagne. IMO pretty nasty stuff, but to each their own.:D Salute!

Edited by keishashadow

Relax.

OK, now that I've said that, the Glory is our favorite ship. We love the Conquest class balcony cabins on the lido deck, port side up front. Our trips on her have taken us to Maine and Canada and the Eastern route of the Caribbean.

Here are some of the memories:

Eastern:

Canada:

Have a great trip!

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing them. :cool:

We are looking forward to a wonderful time on the Glory in March.

Is there anything on this ship where it looked like they tried to "trick" you into buying something, and the advertisement, etc. was false?

Anything else that a person needs to be warned of?

I have cruised over 26 years and never had that problem, but I have 7 other people "depending" upon me, so that is why I ask.

Sorry, nobody is "tricked" into buying something.

Just say no for Christ sake.

Andy

• 1 month later...
Sea day spa prices are cheaper & we always write on the top of our form "No Product Sales" and we are never pitched.

Agree that there is no need to book spa services in advance. If want to see what the offerings are like, attend free spa orientations held during embarkation, or some of the free "mini services" offered poolside each day. Also,each day's itinerary will list spa specials for that day. These are usually very good bargains for passengers wanting to stay onboard for all or part of a day in port when spa is generally underused. Finally, if going to an all inclusive resort for your day in port, check out their spa offerings which are sometimes better and much less expensive than the the same services in the ship's spa. And be on lookout for "upsales" and "special-today only" product sales for the most expensive products used during your massage or facial. These products are much more expensive then when purchased in cosmetics or mall stores, but the real bargains are usually online once you are back home. For example, a bottle of Elemis Body milk will cost at least $100 if bought in ship spa after massage, but can be gotten for 20-40% off with free shipping and no tax if bought on Bliss.com during their regular sales.

Edited by BigDavidO

Do not buy hats or clothing made out of palms in the island. You will NOT be able to bring them back onboard.

Do not buy fruit and meats on the islands either

And don't take fruit off the ships either .

Be careful at the Ports buying goods - especially if you're looking for handmade items. Plus people "raising money for charities" - there are some legitimate (we generally always give to the animal shelter people who have the booths at the ports but have become wary of children with a single adult selling something to raise money for schools, uniforms, etc.).

Be careful at the Ports buying goods - especially if you're looking for handmade items. Plus people "raising money for charities" - there are some legitimate (we generally always give to the animal shelter people who have the booths at the ports but have become wary of children with a single adult selling something to raise money for schools, uniforms, etc.).

Oh yeah. I remember reading somewhere that a person bought a wooden box or something and noticed wood shavings would be under it constantly. Come to find out there was some type of beetle living in the wood! [emoji15]

]In most ports there are notices in your funtimes and signs hanging that no food is supposed to be taken off the ship at all.- not just fruit[/b]

That's true only problem is people don't listen or read it and when they exit the ship there are piles of food placed in boxes where security confiscated it.

Agricultural contamination - it may contain a pest (fly' date=' larva, bacteria) that could decimate domestic crops and therefore their economy[/color'].

Also true, however all that piles of food placed in boxes have flies ,bees and ants crawling all over. I don't know who's responsible fort the confiscated contaminated food the ship or the port . I'm sure the local flies ,bees and ants have already carried it to the island.

Edited by BoDidly

Well everyone, all I can say is I am READY for the Carnival Glory cruise NOW!!!! I am here in KC, MO, and we have solid ice everywhere, and probably around 2" or more of snow on top of this, and it is still coming down. Think the temp (BAD wind too) is around 10 degrees, and to drop to minus 1 I believe by morning. I went to the mailbox (2nd time) around 7:18, and the mail man still has not come.

Looking for warmer, hotter weather ASAP here! :)

If the CD is constantly shilling for a service or hawking a product, you can be pretty sure it is worthless.

Like the Dance For St Jude thing where you get a T-shirt?

What about the Book Your Next Cruise onboard for OnBoard credit?

Edited by AdGuyMG

I don't think this is Carnival Glory specific but just fleet wide, heck cruise ship wide..... You can get exceptional spa services on the beach for stupidly ridiculous prices, including a generous tip! The spa on the ships are highly over priced, even on port days. Then they give you a 50 minute hour and spend the remaining 10 minutes on selling you a highly over rated and overpriced product. Be advised, these employees are NOT Carnival employees but of the spa.... can't recall their name.

Most ports, especially in the western Caribbean, you can get awesome massages on the beach or at the private resort and even with tip you will pay far less than you do in US. Their technique is a bit different, but it is still a good massage.

If you go to Cozumel and book with Nachi Cocum for the day, Ingrid or Dorita are awesome and it is $75 for a very generous hour. Costa Maya is even far cheaper.

I don't think this is Carnival Glory specific but just fleet wide, heck cruise ship wide..... You can get exceptional spa services on the beach for stupidly ridiculous prices, including a generous tip! The spa on the ships are highly over priced, even on port days. Then they give you a 50 minute hour and spend the remaining 10 minutes on selling you a highly over rated and overpriced product. Be advised, these employees are NOT Carnival employees but of the spa.... can't recall their name.

Most ports, especially in the western Caribbean, you can get awesome massages on the beach or at the private resort and even with tip you will pay far less than you do in US. Their technique is a bit different, but it is still a good massage.

If you go to Cozumel and book with Nachi Cocum for the day, Ingrid or Dorita are awesome and it is $75 for a very generous hour. Costa Maya is even far cheaper.

Seconded.

J5I65kBC2O0