Liberty of the seas joining oceanview vs 1 balcony room?

TGANN3

Hello, This will be our first RC cruise, we have sailed on 8 carnival and 1 disney. We loved the pull down beds on the other ship with a balcony room. I am not a fan of Liberty of the seas only offering a sofa for 4 with a balcony. I really don't want to give up my balcony but thinking of getting 2 joinning oceanview rooms or promenade inside rooms vs 1 balcony room. What do you think is better, I like the idea of everyone having our own bed with 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms but not sure if giving up my balcony is worth it. We will be sailing out of TX next october!! And it actually cheaper for the 2 promenade rooms and only $60 more for 2 oceanview rooms vs the 1 balcony. Any advise?? Thanks so much

Yes...RCI's cabins are not as spacious as Carnivals.... There are a couple of balcony cabins that connect to an inside cabin...they are the very aft SIDE cabins...check the deck plans.... That might be an option, if they aren't all booked. You take the balcony, and the kiddos get the inside cabin.

Edited by cb at sea

We travel with our two kids and will always take two of any category of room over putting the 4 of us in one room. You will love having the extra space, bathroom and privacy. While we enjoy the balconies we don't really miss it when we don't have it.

I agree with this. We had a promenade inside room on Liberty out of Galveston in Nov, 2015, and thought the room was quite nice. If there are kids involved, then I am pretty sure they will like having their own room too :)

We would always opt for two ov over one balcony cabin. Two words: Extra bathroom. Not to mention that the sofa beds are smaller than a normal sofa bed. I cannot imagine two sleeping on the sofa bed. We tried it once. Never again. Also there's the floor space. While we like having a balcony, we opted for 2 ov's on Celebrity because on our last cruise, we barely even went out on it.

Thanks everyone. The balcony rooms connection to a inside stateroom were already sold out. So we went with 2 promenade rooms, hope I don't miss the balcony to much but hope having the 2 rooms will equal more relaxing time.

How old are your children ? We have done a balcony with our three boys directly accross the hall from us in an inside room.

Linda

They are only 5 and 7, so don't think I would want to do that. If they were older I would do it!! Thanks for the help though..