New Years Eve Onboard

cruisequeen4ever

I've been on QM2 the past few years.

New Years Eve is a formal night, and hats & noisemakers are at the tables for dinner. Lots of promotion of champagne for sale for and after dinner. Offhand I don't recall for sure whiether there were complimentary glasses being handed out as well.

In the Caribbean, midnight in continental Europe occurs during first seating dinner, and enough Europeans (not just Germans) are onboard and aware that the New Year has arrived. the widespread tooting on the noisemakers.

Midnight in London is 8 PM ship time. A big crowd in the Golden Lion and lots of celebration.

The official shipboard celebration is midnight Atlantic Time (local time). Parties in the Queens Room and other venues around the ship. On QM2 the Golden Lion is some distance from the Queens Room while on QE and QV they're nearly adjacent spaces. I'm not sure how that impacts the parties aboard the little sisters.

Midnight in New York is 1 AM shipboard time. By then the gala chocolate buffet in Kings Court is in full swing and people can watch the ball drop on Times Square before eventually heading off to bed. Or not.

What does Cunard do for New Years Eve? Special dinner? Events? Champagne toast? Is there a club with a DJ on the Queen Victoria?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Expect everything that usually goes on at any News Years eve event/party.

This is Cunard and they put on a darn good show.;)

There will be parties, a special dinner, other events will depend on where you are for New Year.

We were in Amsterdam last year and the ship stayed on UK time so we could watch the fireworks at midnight and then celebrate again at 1am. There was dancing in the Grand Lobby as well as the Queens Room. The brave carried on in Hemispheres !

The show was pre-dinner that evening for those on second sitting so we had time for everything else.

What does Cunard do for New Years Eve? Special dinner? Events? Champagne toast? Is there a club with a DJ on the Queen Victoria?

Yes there is a DJ until late in the disco near the commodore club.

Various locations on the ship have gatherings. In warmer climates most are on deck to watch fireworks if in places like Tenerife or Madeira

Free bubbly is usually plentiful.

There will be parties, a special dinner, other events will depend on where you are for New Year.

We were in Amsterdam last year and the ship stayed on UK time so we could watch the fireworks at midnight and then celebrate again at 1am. There was dancing in the Grand Lobby as well as the Queens Room. The brave carried on in Hemispheres !

The show was pre-dinner that evening for those on second sitting so we had time for everything else.

That's the itinerary we are considering. Do they keep the port open all night in Amsterdam, so you can come and go any time, or do they close it late at night?

That's the itinerary we are considering. Do they keep the port open all night in Amsterdam, so you can come and go any time, or do they close it late at night?

We didn't go out at night but as far as I know you could have come and gone all night.

Having seen the aftermath the next day I think we made the right decision !

They were letting fireworks off all day anyway but come nightfall they were going off constantly. Great to watch but I wouldn't have wanted to be in the middle of it.

It was a wonderful way to spend New Year, almost as good as on QM2 in the Caribbean ☺

They were letting fireworks off all day anyway but come nightfall they were going off constantly. Great to watch but I wouldn't have wanted to be in the middle of it.

It was a wonderful way to spend New Year, almost as good as on QM2 in the Caribbean ☺

Ok, thank you for the specifics.