Is my deposit toast?

voidstar

OP here. Just spoke to a supervisor, who allowed me to amend my booking without losing my deposit "as a one time courtesy".

So many people here making this all about terms and conditions. I knew the terms and conditions were not in my favour. It was never about that, just about making a customer feel appreciated.

So pleased you got a positive outcome :) as I said in my earlier posts even small gestures of good will go a long way im glad RCI finally saw sense . happy sailing

OP here. Just spoke to a supervisor, who allowed me to amend my booking without losing my deposit "as a one time courtesy".

So many people here making this all about terms and conditions. I knew the terms and conditions were not in my favour. It was never about that, just about making a customer feel appreciated.

Great news!! Common sense has prevailed.

I don't understand the nastiness of some responses.

For those in the US, customers in Australia used to be able to talk to someone in RCI Australia about any issues. More recently I have been put through to the international call centre which can be quite frustrating if they don't know the local conditions.

To the OP - I now make the best deal booking with the cruise line and then ask my chosen TA to better the deal.

So glad you achieved a resolution - why should it be so difficult for those outside the US to get equivalent service:confused::confused::confused:

(after all, our business is supporting the US economy!)

Edited by lucymorgan

Great news!! Common sense has prevailed.

I don't understand the nastiness of some responses.

For those in the US, customers in Australia used to be able to talk to someone in RCI Australia about any issues. More recently I have been put through to the international call centre which can be quite frustrating if they don't know the local conditions.

To the OP - I now make the best deal booking with the cruise line and then ask my chosen TA to better the deal.

So glad you achieved a resolution - why should it be so difficult for those outside the US to get equivalent service:confused::confused::confused:

(after all, our business is supporting the US economy!)

You can get through to C&A in Australia on 1300754500 during business hours Monday -Friday

Great result.

In my experience the RCL staff are pretty useless and their knowledge is patchy at best. I recently had to transfer a booking I'd made on board and was told that I couldn't and would lose my deposit, then having sorted that out I was told that the cruise I wanted was sold out even though i knew it wasn't.

Also not sure what the nasty replies are all about. This post was about asking for some help and advice not whinging that they lost their deposit.

If you've got nothing nice to say ,then say nothing at all.;)

I never said I wanted to get out of a contract but was looking for a gesture of good will from RCI

The gesture of good will I was hoping for was some on board credit as a gesture of good will after the price of the cruise I booked dropped just 2 weeks later, even $25 would have been a good will gesture . Here in the UK we cant just cancel and re book as we loose our deposit. I am reading on these threads all the time about US bookers who get OBC after price drops . I have had good will gestures from both NCL and MSC in similar circumstances so yes this could possibly be the last time I book with RCI especially in advance, I could possibly book a last minute cruise to avoid price issues .

Actually, if you read my post without the emotion, you would see that I said "It's one thing to ask, and often people get some relief....I can understand the disappointment, but not the outrage." And you were "outraged" in my opinion, because in your original post you said "my next RCI may be my last." My only point is that when you booked, you agreed to the terms. Fine, ask for some relief. But why are you saying you'll possibly never sail with RCCL again because they won't give you a measly "$25" OBC (in your above statement)? These things are always asked for and when denied, create a "I'll never sail with them again" comment. I just don't understand that. You paid for a cruise, read the contract (presumably), knew the rules, and then are angry because the rules weren't "changed" just for you. Sorry, don't get the anger. As I said, I get the disappointment, but I've had this happen to me many times. I have no problem with it. I don't even bothering asking because I knew the agreement when I entered it. I live up to my side, they live up to theirs. And I can truly state that no cruise line has EVER called me up and said "hey we just raised the fares on your cruise. Would you mind sending us more money? Just consider it a 'gesture of good well."

Many business will not give cash refunds today. Their rules clearly state it, but the majority of those companies will happily exchange an item, or give you store credit which must be used within the store. The reason this is done, is because they don't want to give up the money but still want you to be happy, so they have a solution. The OP does not want to cancel a cruise, but only change a cruise. The company will have no loss and the customer would be happy.

The contract is only to protect the company, but the company on an individual basis can complete common sense requests in order to make a customer, both happy and loyal.

Actually, if you read my post without the emotion, you would see that I said "It's one thing to ask, and often people get some relief....I can understand the disappointment, but not the outrage." And you were "outraged" in my opinion, because in your original post you said "my next RCI may be my last." My only point is that when you booked, you agreed to the terms. Fine, ask for some relief. But why are you saying you'll possibly never sail with RCCL again because they won't give you a measly "$25" OBC (in your above statement)? These things are always asked for and when denied, create a "I'll never sail with them again" comment. I just don't understand that. You paid for a cruise, read the contract (presumably), knew the rules, and then are angry because the rules weren't "changed" just for you. Sorry, don't get the anger. As I said, I get the disappointment, but I've had this happen to me many times. I have no problem with it. I don't even bothering asking because I knew the agreement when I entered it. I live up to my side, they live up to theirs. And I can truly state that no cruise line has EVER called me up and said "hey we just raised the fares on your cruise. Would you mind sending us more money? Just consider it a 'gesture of good well."

No where have i said I was out raged or angry Ive just been disappointed with RCI , and yes I will look to book other cruise lines in the future those cruise lines who have given excellent customer service and shown understanding and given gestures of good will in certain circumstances . And yes when I booked I agreed to the terms and as I said this does not stop cruise lines using common sense or offering good will gestures .

And if you actually read my posts properly in the context they were meant you will see that all I am saying is that gestures of good will go a long way to making people feel appreciated, and will go along way towards a persons continued loyalty.