Privacy

akrdeb

We did leave I'am resting . But our steward insisted his supervisors would be upset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You just need to politely explain that when you want privacy at any time of day the sign gets deployed and if this will be respected by all the cruise staff. If this notice is disregarded by any cruise line staff you will enter a very bad feedback score on the end of cruise assessment card with explanation of why you are disgusted and that he or she together with his or her supervisor will be mortified. Tell him that you are willing to explain this to the supervisor if necessary.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Obviously different stewards have different interpretations of what should be done but I would expect them to look at the card and if the "I am resting" is upper most then they should not go in.

One evening on Ventura we went out and I put the card in the door wrong side up, when we got back the turn down had not been, I have to say I was not surprised even though our steward had spoken to us as we left the cabin, for all he knew we could have left something out that we did not want seen/touched.

A Steward should not enter a cabin if the 'do not disturb ' sign is up.

We did the same thing as josy1953 & left it round the wrong way one evening & it wasn't made up. Our fault, and I just turned the bed down myself (we got the Horizon info the next day).

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Edited by Cruise Puss

The stewards just want to deliver a good service, and anything abnormal throws them.

We often don't leave the cabin to go to dinner until after 9pm, long after most people. This can throw the steward, so we just let them know we have the do not disturb sign up and wii change it to make it up to the room when we go out.

Result is everyone is happy.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

On our recent Britannia cruise, as part of his introduction to us, our steward said he would like us to use the door sign to let him know when we were resting and did not want to be disturbed. It worked perfectly well for us and him.