Couple of quick Getaway quesytions

murph1031

I understand the food is not free at Margaritville, but can you use the drink package and just have a drink at the bar?

Can anyone recommend a shuttle from Miami port to Miami airport after the cruise. I saw that you can book a transfer on board with NCL but it tells me that the flight must be after noon, our flight is at 11.30.

Edited by murph1031

wrt your drink question, you did not mention where you wanted to have a drink. You can have a drink at any bar (including those in the restaurants) with your UBP. Sit and enjoy!

Taxis are a flat rate of $24 from the port to the airport (small discount if you pay cash).

The NCL shuttle is more like $16 per person (so it is only cheaper if you are traveling solo). Also, they drop you at the bus terminal,,, which can be a long walk to some check in counters. A taxi will drop you off at your airline check-in

Edited by BirdTravels

wrt your drink question, you did not mention where you wanted to have a drink. You can have a drink at any bar (including those in the restaurants) with your UBP. Sit and enjoy!

Taxis are a flat rate of $24 from the port to the airport (small discount if you pay cash).

The NCL shuttle is more like $16 per person (so it is only cheaper if you are traveling solo). Also, they drop you at the bus terminal,,, which can be a long walk to some check in counters. A taxi will drop you off at your airline check-in

I up=dated my post with the restaurant in question, I saw that after I posted. Thank you for your response, so we shouldn't have a problem walking off the boat and getting a taxi to the airport? Cost isn't really the issue, I'm scared we're cutting it to close with an 11.30 flight.

I understand the food is not free at Margaritville, but can you use the drink package and just have a drink at the bar?

Can anyone recommend a shuttle from Miami port to Miami airport after the cruise. I saw that you can book a transfer on board with NCL but it tells me that the flight must be after noon, our flight is at 11.30.

Just came off the Oct. 16 sailing of Getaway. If you have the "drink package" you will NOT be charged for a drink at Margaritaville. We had lunch and only paid for the food. Be sure to check the operating hours. We went up there twice (deck 16) and it was closed.

Use Urber to get to MIA. So much cheaper than a shuttle or cab.

Lyft and Uber are only about $15 from the port to MIA. I was just on the getaway a few weeks ago and it was super easy for them to pick us up outside of the port.

We did have drinks at Margaritavilla as well with our UBP.

Drink away at Margaritaville - its covered. Also take a regular cab to the airport. It is a no brainer. They are lined up all over at the port just for that reason. We had a party of 9 and had no problem getting 2 minivans within seconds to take us all together. This is one thing I would not pre-plan and stress about. Cabs will get you right to the front door of the terminal and you wont have to worry about a bus, a specific uber, or other people. Have a great cruise!

:)

Just have to say, my husband and I loved this ship. All these thousands of passengers on it and most times we were the only people waiting on the elevators, etc.,. There is so much to do, that the passengers are dispersed all over and you are not in the least conscious of the "big crowd". Loved the variety and entertainment.

:D:D:D

We used Uber and Lyft -- they were both outstanding! We had the UBP and loved using it at Margaritiville. We spent two weeks on the Getaway in October... one of our best B2B sailings ever. The hotel director Joao was one of the best. His staff was top notch. We look forward to returning to the Getaway

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also take a regular cab to the airport. It is a no brainer. They are lined up all over at the port just for that reason.
It's not a no brainer if you're flying out of FLL. A regular cab would be much higher than a shared shuttle such as SAS or Uber. Many people fly Southwest or Jet Blue out of FLL for better rates and free or 15.00 bag fees.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

just got off the getaway.

took a van from the miami airport to the cruise ship terminal with 4 others waiting as well for $10.00 each.

left the ship around 8 am and found another van with 4 others for $10.00 each and were at the airport at 8:15 am.

in both cases, we were approached just outside the airport and cruise ship terminal.

i guess we just lucked out.