When does Drinks package start?

rosiebee

My sister-in-law and her husband are doing the Panama Canal cruise later in Nov. They're booked to board at 12 noon in San Diego, but have heard that the drinks package they've bought does not start until the boat sets sail at about 5pm. This is a real celebration cruise for them and I know they'd like start with a few glasses of fizz when they go aboard. Can anyone say if this is true? The package was quite expensive to buy and it just seems a bit mean if you're then expected to pay for a celebration drink or two at the start of a special holiday. Thanks for any help.

My sister-in-law and her husband are doing the Panama Canal cruise later in Nov. They're booked to board at 12 noon in San Diego, but have heard that the drinks package they've bought does not start until the boat sets sail at about 5pm. This is a real celebration cruise for them and I know they'd like start with a few glasses of fizz when they go aboard. Can anyone say if this is true? The package was quite expensive to buy and it just seems a bit mean if you're then expected to pay for a celebration drink or two at the start of a special holiday. Thanks for any help.

It starts as soon as you board! In fact, on the Summit we boarded around 11:00, and went straight to the Martini Bar.

Marie

It starts as soon as you board! In fact, on the Summit we boarded around 11:00, and went straight to the Martini Bar.

Marie

We did too! Drinks were already flowing. 🍸🍸🍸

Carol.

Whom ever they heard it from, they need to run the other way if they offer any other comment about a cruise! :D

It will start when they hear the first ding as their sea pass card is activated! ;)

We can hear the ding ding!

ding.jpg.49377681781f1355232b9c6206fa3e65.jpg

Edited by wallie5446

Marie

The Martini Bar is open at 11AM on the Summit? Not so on S class ships. I've been Elite for a while now, but never sailed the Summit.

Realistically, I have lunch when I board and I have a beer with lunch. Yes, it starts when you arrive on board.

The Martini Bar is open at 11AM on the Summit? Not so on S class ships. I've been Elite for a while now, but never sailed the Summit.

Realistically, I have lunch when I board and I have a beer with lunch. Yes, it starts when you arrive on board.

It was on our July 31-Aug 7 to Bermuda. There were 2 bartenders behind the bar, and we sat right down. They served us.

Marie

I believe some ports have tax issues that cause a delay, never sailed from one. For us it's always be n as soon as we board.

It was on our July 31-Aug 7 to Bermuda. There were 2 bartenders behind the bar, and we sat right down. They served us.

Marie

If I ever get a chance to make that trip, I'll try that. Like I said, I've never been on the Summit. Usually that early in the day the bar is anything but frozen. I haven't been to Bermuda since Spring Break in my Junior year of college. Those were the days!