Stateroom Availability

british betty

Is there anywhere at all that I can check availability with stateroom numbers?

I don't have a particular cruise in mind at the moment I just like to see what my options are and don't like to have to keep phoning Oceania to ask what's not already taken.

I like to peruse in my own time, or while I'm supposed to be working ;)

There are at least two travel agent web sites that let you do this. Board rules say they can't be named (or broadly hinted at;)) here.

I'd suggest you check with fellow passengers on your next cruise. I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you.

If you do not have a cruise in mind not sure how to even guess at what cabins will be available or not :confused:

I might be reading this wrong but are you just checking to see what the cabin categories look like or actually looking for a specific cabin # ?

Not sure if the UK site allows you to check the cabins & what is available for the Cat you want or not by doing a booking up to the cabin selection point

You could try & see if the cabin you want is available by putting the cabin number in the box area

They usually only show up to 7 cabins in the list of each Cat

If you do not have a cruise in mind not sure how to even guess at what cabins will be available or not :confused:

I might be reading this wrong but are you just checking to see what the cabin categories look like or actually looking for a specific cabin # ?

Not sure if the UK site allows you to check the cabins & what is available for the Cat you want or not by doing a booking up to the cabin selection point

You could try & see if the cabin you want is available by putting the cabin number in the box area

They usually only show up to 7 cabins in the list of each Cat

This last sentence above is very important. There are usually far more cabins available in the As and Bs, et al. than are shown on the Oceania web. Clicking backward and then again forward on the booking pages will often show some different cabins.

We are booked on the TA in March 2017 and have one of the extended B3's on Riviera. I'd like to keep an eye on the price of a PH, just in case , if you know what I mean ;)

We have also looked at the South Africa cruise December2017 but it's frustrating not being able to see what's available.

I've tried the usual sites that I've used when booking on Celebrity, Holland America and Azamara, but just can't find for Oceania :(

The UK site is different from that described above. I found a US online agent site by Googling 'How to check stateroom availability on Oceania cruises'. The prices are obviously wrong and it is a bit cumbersome but you can get the information you require.

The UK site is different from that described above. I found a US online agent site by Googling 'How to check stateroom availability on Oceania cruises'. The prices are obviously wrong and it is a bit cumbersome but you can get the information you require.

Thanks JMM99, I've tried Googling but not found it yet.

I'll keep trying. ;)

Thanks JMM99, I've tried Googling but not found it yet.

I'll keep trying. ;)

I cant locate it either -- seems strange that it is so difficult, you would think that Oceania would share it freely since it could prompt upsells.

I cant locate it either -- seems strange that it is so difficult, you would think that Oceania would share it freely since it could prompt upsells.

Oceania upsells are prompted by the Cruise Line, not the passenger, and although there may be some who have had limited success, I know for a fact that passengers who repeatedly try to "negotiate" upsells are not welcomed with open arms.

The Revenue Dept at Oceania guards its' prerogatives fiercely.

Get a great and high volume Oceania ta. He or she will know what's available and know the ins and outs of upsells. Anything else is treading water

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

+1, but our Overseas friends don't like to hear that as they are not permitted to use North American TA's, and "those other nation" Ta's are not as forthcoming-

Chin up, Cheerio, Carry On!

I have a friend here in Arizona who books all her cruises through a ta in London. Conversely I know several us ta's with foreign clients. Very common practice.

Trust me Bitob, I'm very friendly with the Highest Volume Oceania TA in the World, and International Passenger/Agent relationships such as you describe are expressly forbidden even to them. No exceptions EVER, period the end.

The scariest part is that the Agent often .loses their credentials to sell Oceania product if they risk bucking the rule, so if and when the "iffy" transaction is challenged, the passenger is inevitably left "out there on their own".

Send me your friends contact information, and I'll have Oceania confirm that fact in writing

We too have friends in high places. Lol. You don't have a monopoly on that.

It is what it is despite your protestations. Happens all the time

It does happen all the time, but it happens surreptitiously, and a quality TA wouldn't risk their good name in this manner.

I know of passengers who were denied boarding

for flouting this particular rule.

Money does not grow on trees for ANY of us, but this particular gain is simply not worth the risk.

I don't have friends in high places and I don't want to do anything underhanded. I just want to see the options available, for myself, when I have the time without having to phone someone else.

Surely that's not too much to ask :(

Betty, Elizabeth, Lilly Bette, darling-

Cruise Critic very wisely prohibits posting Travel Agency links here because if they didn't, ambitious entrepreneurs would fill these threads with nothing else but. Some of the rules do chafe at first, but if you stick with us for a time, you will come to see their logic.

Secondarily, with your being fairly new to our ranks, none of us has the moral authority to impugn your character.

I apologize if I came across that way.

Betty, Elizabeth, Lilly Bette, darling-

Cruise Critic very wisely prohibits posting Travel Agency links here because if they didn't, ambitious entrepreneurs would fill these threads with nothing else but. Some of the rules do chafe at first, but if you stick with us for a time, you will come to see their logic.

Secondarily, with your being fairly new to our ranks, none of us has the moral authority to impugn your character.

I apologize if I came across that way.

StanandJim, JimandStan, Stan and Jim, darling- how WOULD you describe how you came across?

In the past we have booked several cruises (including Oceania) and land tours with a US travel agent. We have never been underhanded and always used our home address with no problems.

However in the future we will not be doing this as our travel insurance company has now informed us that the insurance will only be valid if we book with an ABTA registered TA. This won't affect our cruises as we will just book in the UK but it will stop us joining our friends from the US on land tours as the same tours are not usually available here.

I agree with Betty that it is irritating that the Oceania UK website does not give us the option to view vacant cabins. Maybe it's something the Tech Department at Oceania could / would change?

Lou

Hi Lynn

We can't make a booking on the website - we know which categories are available (waitlist, available, guarantee, etc) but we cannot make a booking. The only option we get is 'request a quote' :mad:.

Oddly, when I first had my ipad (about 2 years ago) and looked at Oceania it was the US site so I could look at the cabins available but that doesn't happen now!

It is frustrating!!

Lou

Edited by Louby-Lou

Goodness me British Betty you only asked a simple question in the first place but this thread has turned a bit. Have you found the US online agent yet?

I have just searched 'stateroom availability on Riviera' on my ipad and the site I use has come up near the top of the list. It does cover all cruise lines so you have to put in a fair bit of information before you find what you want. Good luck!

Goodness me British Betty you only asked a simple question in the first place but this thread has turned a bit. Have you found the US online agent yet?

I have just searched 'stateroom availability on Riviera' on my ipad and the site I use has come up near the top of the list. It does cover all cruise lines so you have to put in a fair bit of information before you find what you want. Good luck!

Yes, it's just too bad when folk can't accept a genuine enquiry at face value and have to put their own interpretation (usually negative, unfortunately) onto what is an innocent remark. Not very helpful.

Hi Lynn

We can't make a booking on the website - we know which categories are available (waitlist, available, guarantee, etc) but we cannot make a booking. The only option we get is 'request a quote' :mad:.

Lou

Yes my friend in Australia has the same problem

Unless you can hide your ISP address it reverts to your location even when trying to look at the USA site

I guess some people have a work round ...I can sometime see UK TA sites but not Oceania UK site

keep trying google ;)

Lyn

Betty, Elizabeth, Lilly Bette, darling.

I Love this :D:D 😂😂

Truly, no offence taken. I didn't expect such an extended thread to follow my mini rant about trying to find what's left to choose from.

I've always appreciated everyone's knowledge that they are willing to share and in turn, I'm happy to share anything I've learned.

Can't stay on here long, gotta phone Oceania, to see what's available ;)

And by the way, British Betty is my cc name. I'm Bernice . :o