Guarantee Inside Room

kapcruiser

We are booked in an inside guarantee on Vista, I noticed there are no rooms inside rooms available to choose online. What does that mean? Do they set aside so many guaranteed rooms to assign? Should we get our room assignment very soon?

What that means is that they will find an inside cabin (or better) for you sometime between now and the day you sail. Between now and then, some people will cancel... some people will upgrade to other cabins... some people will be upgraded for free if they have to... some cabins may become available because travel agencies that have been assigned blocks of cabins will release them. One way or another they will find a cabin for you. If all these processes don't free up an inside cabin, you will be placed in something higher up in quality. Timing as to when this all happens is at the discretion of the cruise line.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

• 1 month later...

Just received my guarantee inside cabin assignment for my February 5th sailing on the Vista. Got assigned Deck 10 - Lido, close to pool, bars, crab shack, etc. all the fun stuff. Paid a dirt cheap price too, so I'm thrilled. Only downside is that the rest of my family is on Deck 2, but at least I'm close to the stairs and elevators. Almost as good as a balcony for a fraction of the cost, less than a minute's walk to the pool area. :)

We have ocean view guarantee booked for vista in January. When doing a mock booking, all Oceanview rooms are sold. They must hold some back for guarantees. Very few balconies left also.

We have ocean view guarantee booked for vista in January. When doing a mock booking, all Oceanview rooms are sold. They must hold some back for guarantees. Very few balconies left also.

It doesn't necessarily mean that all oceanviews are sold old. Maybe if you change the number of people in the room you will see some available rooms. If you are looking for a room with 2 and there is none, there may be rooms for 4 that they would put you in if no rooms for two open up and you have a guarantee oceanview.

We are booked in an inside guarantee on Vista, I noticed there are no rooms inside rooms available to choose online. What does that mean? Do they set aside so many guaranteed rooms to assign? Should we get our room assignment very soon?

It means that there is a chance for you to be assigned a cabin that has a higher category than what is guaranteed. What is important is you will eventually be assigned a cabin.

Edited by easyboy

you are parked somewhere.

You can get an assignment up to 3 days before sailing. But if you are not seeing a cabin assignment on your booking on the carnival web site I would call your agent.

Its almost time to print the luggage tags.

There are also handicapped cabins that can not be booked online, only directly with an agent. But Carnival will only hold these open so long for people who actually need them. At some point, the remaining handicapped cabins get assigned to guaranteed bookings.

carnival does NOT hold handicapped cabins.

Edited by serene56