Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones

kreneec28

I just received a phone call from my TA regarding this issue. She said RCCL's notice was they wouldn't be allowing Samsung Galaxy 7's. When I asked her if they were only referring to the Samsung Galaxy 7 Note, she said all Samsung phones. I called RCCL and they said it was referring only to the Note, which has been banned by the airlines for several wks. So does anyone know if Samsung Galaxy 7 (not the Note) is allowed?

I can understand the ban on Galaxy Note 7 but I'm still trying to find out if the Galaxy 7 (which isn't the Galaxy Note 7) is allowed on board.

ONLY the NOTE...........I have the S7 and it is allowed..

The notification from Royal Caribbean is copied below:

"Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing.

We will no longer allow Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones onboard our ships. This decision was made in light of recent incidents and safety concerns raised by Samsung about this particular device, as well as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recent ban of the phone from all airplanes. We ask that guests who own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 not bring the device on your cruise.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and looking forward to welcoming you aboard. "