Main Dining Room Dress Code For Men?

swdke

I have an upcoming 8 night cruise. I know there will be two formal nights, but what is the appropriate dress for men on the other nights? Thank you.

Cruise line suggestion:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqType=faq

Business casual is fine. I typically will take a couple of pairs of pants that I can wear with my blazer as well as with other shirts. In terms of shirts you could go as casual as golf shirts, but personally I feel more comfortable with long sleeve or short sleeve shirts with buttons that go all the way to the neck.

On a recent (Oct 16) Freedom cruise on a non formal night my SIL decided to skip the evening meal in the MDR as he had on shorts and didn't want to change. Entering the MDR I saw numerous men in shorts. I asked my waitress and she advised the only time they enforced the no shorts policy was on formal nights.