Formal Nights

seamwoman

How many formal nights are there on a seven night cruise? Thanks,Karen

The long answer:D they most likely will be on sea days. If you have 3 sea days this is most likely the schedule but not put in stone. The 1st formal night should be the first sea day, and the 2nd one should be the second to the last sea day. However the CD decide which nights formal nights are. One reason it may change if a holiday fell on a port day such as; Valentines day.

If you are boarding the Regal this weekend, I was wondering what day they will schedule the second formal night. The first one will be the first sea day.

I was just looking at the itinerary for this WoW this is a great question, because they most likely won't have a formal night on the last night because you have to have your suite cases out in the hallway that night. Furthermore the second to the last night although its a port day it does not leave until 9pm well past dinner. We need the wisdom of Pam from CA and or Lucky Tony.

With the Regal itinerary as such:

Mon Princess Cays 9:00-5:00

Tue At Sea

Wed Grand Cayman 7:00-4:00

Thu Costa Maya 12:00-8:00

Fri Cozumel 9:00-9:00

Sat At Sea

...it has been reported previously on here that either there will only be one formal night Tuesday, or two on Monday and Wednesday. Having two formal nights in a row is virtually never done by Princess, even Christmas Eve/Day and New Year's Eve/Day so don't expect Tuesday & Wednesday. Though also unusual to have formal nights on two tender port days it is done when there is no other alternative, as is not having the obvious first sea day formal when it would result in two consecutive.

(My apologies for not being Pam or Tony. Some of us others do do our best when we can)

Edited by fishywood

I was just looking at the itinerary for this WoW this is a great question, because they most likely won't have a formal night on the last night because you have to have your suite cases out in the hallway that night. Furthermore the second to the last night although its a port day it does not leave until 9pm well past dinner. We need the wisdom of Pam from CA and or Lucky Tony.

Hi Joe, Dress code is subject to change with the ship's itinerary. The dress code suggested in the Princess Patter may vary from time to time. Length of cruise 7 to 13 days 2 Formal Evening.

That's my answer it's better they saying I'm not SURE :D :D

Your CC pal,

Tony

Hi Karen,

Yes we cruised together.......I just couldn't remember which cruise.

I thought since you started the roll call for the Nov 6th sailing that you were on that one.....sorry if I got confused.

Janet

I found the information in the calendar page - read the itinary and below but missed the top! Thankyou all for your help. Cattolica - I think we cruised with you in Hawaii??? Karen

Our cruise went from 10 nights to 12 nights because of a Port conflict in Singapore.

This is what our cruise planner states:

Your itinerary includes 2 formal nights and 8 smart casual nights.

So two days nudie? :eek: but no indication of what nights these will be.

Itinerary is as follows:

Tue, 12/27/16 Singapore

Wed, 12/28/16 At Sea

Thu, 12/29/16 At Sea

Fri, 12/30/16 Bali (benoa), Indonesia-tender

Sat, 12/31/16 Lombok, Indonesia- tender - New Years Eve

Sun, 01/01/17 At Sea

Mon, 01/02/17 At Sea

Tue, 01/03/17 At Sea

Wed, 01/04/17 Penang, Malaysia

Thu, 01/05/17 Phuket, Thailand

Fri, 01/06/17 Langkawi, Malaysia

Sat, 01/07/17 Kuala Lumpur (port Kelang), Malaysia

Sun, 01/08/17 Singapore

Thoughts on formal nights and nudie nights?:p

Edited by Pushka

You will find out which ones on the first day. The Patter for the first day will list which dinners are formal and which ones are smart casual. If you're trying to plan out when to go to the specialty restaurants (which are smart casual --even though I imagine many who are celebrating special occasions there may dressed up more), I wouldn't stress out planning before your cruise as you can't send up until you're on board anyway.