Vegetarian on Oceania

1drifter

We are taking our 1st Oceania cruise in February. I have read many good things about the food, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience eating a vegetarian or vegan diet on the Marina. It looks as if Red Ginger has vegetarian selections. Would that be the only specialty restaurant that would be very accommodating to vegetarians?

We had our TA notify the cruise line of our vegan diet when we booked the cruise.

We've cruised a lot, but not on Oceania before. We've had varying degrees of success sticking to our diet on different cruise lines. We're hoping for a good experience on Oceania. Sharon

If you go on the Oceania website, you can look at all the restaurants and then click on their sample menus. There seem to be plenty of vegetarian options, but I am not sure about vegan. I would imagine if you ask, they can find vegan choices for you, as well.

My sister who has been a vegetarian for 40+ years did her first Oceania cruise with us last year for 17 days on Marina. She felt that she had great options in all of the dining venues and throughly enjoyed the food and cruise. However she is lacto ovo so if you are strict vegan, it's good that your TA notified Oceania.

We are taking our 1st Oceania cruise in February. I have read many good things about the food, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience eating a vegetarian or vegan diet on the Marina. It looks as if Red Ginger has vegetarian selections. Would that be the only specialty restaurant that would be very accommodating to vegetarians?

We had our TA notify the cruise line of our vegan diet when we booked the cruise.

We've cruised a lot, but not on Oceania before. We've had varying degrees of success sticking to our diet on different cruise lines. We're hoping for a good experience on Oceania. Sharon

Because you contacted Oceania about dietary requirements, your "case" will be forwarded to an Executive Chef on the ship who will provide daily menus advising which items fall into your guidelines.

Those daily menus will cover the Grand Dining Room and The Terrace Cafe.

If you make your Specialty reservations precruise, you will receive an additional sheet covering your choices for the restaurant in which you are scheduled to dine, on the dates corresponding to your reservations

If you are sailing in a Suite, you may also decide to receive daily reports for all of the Specialties, because having a Butler adds the option of ordering in from any Specialty, as often as you like.

A contact telephone number is printed on the "dietary request menus", so if any questions (or requests) spring up, you'll be taken care of, andI if your menu choices do not appeal to you, you may request that

something else entirely be prepared.

You tell the chef which restaurant you will be in, and your Special Order will be waiting for you to call for it, when you are seated.

Oceania handles this particular aspect very very well, indeed!

Edited by StanandJim

As much as it may be a challenge for cruise lines to address dietary restrictions (even sel-imposed ones), there is also the question of whether what they serve you is palatable.

I trust that you will find Oceania living up to its reputation for "best food at sea."

• 1 month later...

Repeating what others have said...

Make sure to notify them of your needs/wants and they will be taken care of.

I am not a vegetarian, but have found the "create your own salad", prepared salads, and some of the offerings at the Terrace Cafe (various typos of ratatouille, grilled vegetables, mushy peas (Hi Marsha!), to be great!

You will love the food on your cruise!!!

I have been vegetarian for 20+ years and have taken 17 O cruises. I have always found plenty of selection whether it is in Terrace, GDR, or one of the specialities. Even on Sirena in Tuscan Steak, where the selection is the most limited, the chef made a wonderful pasta primavera. Chefs have always been great with the food. Heading to Regatta in a few days and I am sure they will not let me down. Looking forward so much.