Repositioning Cruises

We are keen to book a repositioning cruise from Hawaii to Australia next spring. I am aware that Carnival Legend, Celebrity Solstice and one of the Royal Carribean ships comes this route in September/October ..... are there any others?

We have never been to Hawaii, so we thought it would be great to fly there for a bout a week and return on a cruise and visit Bor Bora etc. The best of both worlds 😎

The Carnival Legend reposition is probably the preferred route because it stay in the warmer region of the South Pacific but we have previously sailed on both Carnival Legend and Spirit, so would like another experience.

Would love to sail on Solstice but it's repositioning trip comes via NZ and the weather will be a little cool in spring ...... as does the RC cruise which goes via Wellington.

Additionally, another cruiser told me that repositioning cruises have limited entertainment. Would this be correct?

Appreciate any guidance or recommendations/tips that others may be able to provide.

We are keen to book a repositioning cruise from Hawaii to Australia next spring. I am aware that Carnival Legend, Celebrity Solstice and one of the Royal Carribean ships comes this route in September/October ..... are there any others?

We have never been to Hawaii, so we thought it would be great to fly there for a bout a week and return on a cruise and visit Bor Bora etc. The best of both worlds [emoji41]

The Carnival Legend reposition is probably the preferred route because it stay in the warmer region of the South Pacific but we have previously sailed on both Carnival Legend and Spirit, so would like another experience.

Would love to sail on Solstice but it's repositioning trip comes via NZ and the weather will be a little cool in spring ...... as does the RC cruise which goes via Wellington.

Additionally, another cruiser told me that repositioning cruises have limited entertainment. Would this be correct?

Appreciate any guidance or recommendations/tips that others may be able to provide.

I sailed Radiance of the Seas Hawaii to Sydney in 2014 and it was definitely one of my favourite cruises.

I didn't find there was a lack of entertainment. I thought there were plenty of shows, entertainers and events held throughout the cruise to make the most of the large expanse of sea days.

Tahiti was an absolute highlight, Bora Bora is almost impossible to describe. It's truly paradise.

Do it, you'll love it. I would vote that you do Radiance (biased of course) the ship is gorgeous and the right size, and the route is terrific.

Any other questions, just post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We love repositioning cruises and have done several, the latest being Shanghai to Singapore last month. We always have a great time and there is plenty to do, or not do, depending on if you want to be busy or just relax.

We plan on doing Seattle - Hawaii - Sydney in 2018. Had thought to do it next year but by the time I looked, most good cabins have already been sold. I plan on jumping right in a booking when this 2018 cruise is released next year.

We did Hawaii to Vancouver on Solstice. There was no lack of onboard entertainment, but after we left Hawaii we had only sea days until Vancouver. I prefer sea days so I loved it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I was on Rhapsody for the 2014 Honolulu-Sydney cruise. I didn't notice any differences compared to any other cruise except maybe for more sea days, but there is nothing wrong with sea days. My only regret is not taking the Radiance instead and seeing Tahiti instead of Samoa. The main problem with most of these Hawaii/Tahiti cruises is that they come back via NZ, which is just too cold from April to October. Which is what put me off the Radiance.

Apart from the ones you mentioned, next year there are the Arcadia in January, Emerald Princess in April, Sea Princess in April (return trip), Golden Princess in July and August (return trip) and Norwegian Jewel in October.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

Interestingly when I did the SYD-HNL run on Solstice, entertainment was a bit limited. They tried to cover it by running 'encores' and compilations. When I checked with the CD he said some performers had been no shows, but who knows. Being more sea days and less ports, if an entertainer misses a connection for whatever reason, there's no chance to get a replacement so that can be a factor.

We plan on doing Seattle - Hawaii - Sydney in 2018. Had thought to do it next year but by the time I looked, most good cabins have already been sold. I plan on jumping right in a booking when this 2018 cruise is released next year.

Any idea when the Hawaii - Sydney in 2018 on Celebrity Solstice will be released?

Celebrity, in the past, have released their timetable earlier than other brands. I remember booking the Solstice April 2017 sailing to Hawaii on Christmas Day of 2014. We later cancelled it in favor of a Europe trip.

But it was available to book. Which implies that by Christmas Day of 2016 you might be able to book Celebrity for April 2019.

I've only sailed on three, so here is my evaluation:

BTW, I'm only addressing evening entertainment.

Have always found plenty of activites during the day.

Caribbean Princess Ft Lauderdale to Southampton

Overall entertainment in all venues was very good, they even had a passenger talent show.

NCL Dawn Tampa to Boston

Very poor entertainment, but so was everything else on the cruise.

Pacific Princess Tahiti to Long Beach, CA

The entertainment was not plentiful, but I don't really fault the cruiseline.

They had a very good passenger talent show.

But this was a very geriatric crowd, & most folks were in their cabins before 9:00 pm.

Also, there were two Superbowl playoffs & many passengers were either in their staterooms or in the lounges watching the games on TV.

"We are keen to book a repositioning cruise from Hawaii to Australia next spring. I am aware that Carnival Legend, Celebrity Solstice and one of the Royal Carribean ships comes this route in September/October ..... are there any others?"

Holland America also do repositioning cruises from America to Oz. In 2017 the Masadam and the Noordam will be coming here. If you check the HAL board there is a thread at the moment for one happening now.

"We are keen to book a repositioning cruise from Hawaii to Australia next spring. I am aware that Carnival Legend, Celebrity Solstice and one of the Royal Carribean ships comes this route in September/October ..... are there any others?"

Holland America also do repositioning cruises from America to Oz. In 2017 the Masadam and the Noordam will be coming here. If you check the HAL board there is a thread at the moment for one happening now.

Princess sometimes do.

I think Emeraldd is in Alaska our winter, so she is a maybe.