Embassy suites 17th street. 1st room had bed bugs.

NJporkroll

Jackie, I meant to say how long does it take to get from Hampton Inn Plantation to Port Everglades?

That depends on the day and time of day, but 19 minutes would be absolutely no traffic at all early on a Sunday morning.

With little or no traffic I would figure 25-30 minutes to get inside the port.

The Hampton Inn-Plantation has a free one way port shuttle.

I just emailed to the general manager at Embassy Suites and he has read this thread.

But they have taken care of the problem and every precaution needed to ensure bedbug free zone.

He said it was the 1 room and it is taken care of and to not worry. I have been dealing with him when I do my reservation there every year. And yes the rooms do need updating but I have been always taken care of . So I feel better after hearing from him.

I just emailed to the general manager at Embassy Suites and he has read this thread.

But they have taken care of the problem and every precaution needed to ensure bedbug free zone.

He said it was the 1 room and it is taken care of and to not worry. I have been dealing with him when I do my reservation there every year. And yes the rooms do need updating but I have been always taken care of . So I feel better after hearing from him.

Thanks for the follow-up. We are staying there Thanksgiving for 2 nights precruise of our Harmony sailing. We enjoy the Embassy Suites and knew they wouldn't let this go untreated.

As we have two reservations there in early 2017, and considering one later in 2017, we left them in place expecting this exact reaction. No hotel wants this "reputation ", because like this thread, it spreads information that, at minimum, is exaggerated, almost to the point of being false and deliberately wrong. As the OP dealt with it directly at the time-the best way to handle it, we expected the hotel would jump on it, and in their own way, probably overreact to it to a certain extent. This would result in the best possible situation for the customer in the long run.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Thank you! I think the hotel deserved to know that this story was being posted on social media. Gives them a chance to respond to let others know that the situation is taken care of. And if there are other complaints, those might be addressed, as well. ;)