Can a 3rd person be added to a cabin (occ.3) if cruise sold out?

Aldeya

Need help. We are going on Norwegian Breakaway in two weeks. Booked 2 people in a cabin with 3 people occupancy.

Our daughter can join us on this cruise (had few unexpected days off from work).

Our TA insists that she can't be added to our reservation because cruise is sold out. Again our cabin accommodates 3 people.

Any suggestions how to proceed?

Thank you.

Unfortunately your TA is correct as is CollinIllinois especially if the ship is "sold out" there is a finite amount of time that a person can be added to a cabin and frankly if you dont believe your TA ? maybe its time to find another one :)

I called last week about adding a 4th person to our mini-suite. Our cruise is next Sunday and it is "sold out".

Anyway - not a problem, small charge ($199 plus port charges). It is just a function of the lifeboat capacity I believe.

Why don't you call NCL directly and ask?

Thank you ColinIllinois and Diane123boys.

We booked this particular cabin because it is shown on a deck plan ( with appropriate symbol) as occupancy up to 3 people.

I just called NCL directly and the customer service confirmed that there is a MISTAKE on a deck plan and this cabin is double occupancy only. My TA should've known and let us know.

Diane123boys, you are right. I need a new TA.

Lesson learned. Even if you see an appropriate symbol next to the cabin you choose triple check with cruiseline directly. They might make a mistake on their official deck plans page.

Thank you ColinIllinois and Diane123boys.

We booked this particular cabin because it is shown on a deck plan ( with appropriate symbol) as occupancy up to 3 people.

I just called NCL directly and the customer service confirmed that there is a MISTAKE on a deck plan and this cabin is double occupancy only. My TA should've known and let us know.

Diane123boys, you are right. I need a new TA.

Lesson learned. Even if you see an appropriate symbol next to the cabin you choose triple check with cruiseline directly. They might make a mistake on their official deck plans page.

Also, remember as others have intimated at, that there is more "cabin capacity" (i.e. more beds) than lifeboat capacity, so when the ship reaches the lifeboat capacity, they cannot add any more passengers. At high family demand times, the line will start limiting 3rd/4th passengers in cabins if there are cabins still unsold, as they make more money booking a party of 4 into two cabins than 4 into one cabin.

We leave on the Breakaway in 3 weeks, and we added my GF daughter and husband using the 3&4 Free perk.. they said we could do it as long as the max allowable people hasn't been reached, and they do also limit the amount of 3&4 free guests..