Cuba passport question

cruisecoleman2012

Quick question:

Friends of ours would like to join our cruise on the VISTA in March. They are originally from Cuba and live in Florida currently. They have Cuban passport but not US residency. Can they cruise on Carnival? I called Carnival but didn't receive any insight. I tried to google it but only thing came up was cruises to Cuba.

Does anyone have any clue?

They must have some sort of document that allows them to live in the USA!

What do they have?? Folks travel on all sorts of different things like a USA green card or other foreign passports.

Ask them how they are able legally to live here???

IF they are not here legally then I don't think they want to leave the USA as them may not be allowed back:confused:

Quick question:

Friends of ours would like to join our cruise on the VISTA in March. They are originally from Cuba and live in Florida currently. They have Cuban passport but not US residency. Can they cruise on Carnival? I called Carnival but didn't receive any insight. I tried to google it but only thing came up was cruises to Cuba.

First... this is a State Department question... but if they're not residents, and don't have a green card or visa to be here (so illegal immigrants)... they aren't going on a cruise and they certainly aren't getting off that ship in this country. Immigration is a major part of the whole cruise ship vacation thing.

If your friends are Cuban citizens, then they are living in the United States in one of three ways. Each way affects whether they can take this cruise with you.

1. Permanent Resident of the United States (green card holder). They will have to cruise under the conditions of their Cuban citizenship, meaning they may have to get visas for some of the countries the ship visits. They will be allowed to re-enter the United States upon completion of the cruise.

2. Holder on a Non-Immigrant Visa to the United States. There are a number of different non-immigrant visas ranging from tourist visas to student visas to business visas and more. They could cruise under the conditions of their Cuban citizenship, but there could be restrictions on their visa which would prevent them from re-entering the United States upon completion of the cruise.

3. Not a holder of any visa to the United States. In this case, they are undocumented immigrants and risk deportation. Even if they did manage to book the cruise somehow, they would not be allowed to return to the U.S. upon its completion.

If your friends are Cuban citizens, then they are living in the United States in one of three ways. Each way affects whether they can take this cruise with you.

1. Permanent Resident of the United States (green card holder). They will have to cruise under the conditions of their Cuban citizenship, meaning they may have to get visas for some of the countries the ship visits. They will be allowed to re-enter the United States upon completion of the cruise.

2. Holder on a Non-Immigrant Visa to the United States. There are a number of different non-immigrant visas ranging from tourist visas to student visas to business visas and more. They could cruise under the conditions of their Cuban citizenship, but there could be restrictions on their visa which would prevent them from re-entering the United States upon completion of the cruise.

3. Not a holder of any visa to the United States. In this case, they are undocumented immigrants and risk deportation. Even if they did manage to book the cruise somehow, they would not be allowed to return to the U.S. upon its completion.

I believe there is a number 4- refugee status. I just looked at the immigration website and a refugee may travel outside of the US but must apply for a refugee travel document first.

Quick question:

So are they legal? Your statement opens up other questions, since we have many people illegally in the country. First, they would need to provide proof they are legally here, with the proper ID's for it. A person that is in transit, traveling from another country, than hopping on a cruise is fine, but Cuba you can't just come to the USA without a VISA and Permission from Cuba authorities, so they would have to produce the necessary VISA or documents.

I believe there is a number 4- refugee status. I just looked at the immigration website and a refugee may travel outside of the US but must apply for a refugee travel document first.

This is my understanding. Also pretty sure the process is pretty simple for Cubans. Certainly easier for my residency as an Australian.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums