Oceania Regatta Review

Troban

Just settling back into real life after a 2 week Montreal- Miami cruise aboard Regatta.

Beautiful ship, well laid out in my opinion. Lots of places to sit for quiet moments or on deck 5 around the shops a great string quartet played nightly.

The library must be seen, wide book collection as well.

I spent almost every afternoon at 4 in Horizons for tea time, gorgeous view for sail always as well if they were not on our side where we would view from balcony.

Awesome amount of storage in room, beds were heavenly. Balcony was for us totally worth it. We had other friends we met who were very happy on level 4.

Happy to answer questions

Cons

We did pay extra for concierge so we could hot breakfast in our room before excursions, tight fit no good places to sit for this. Our choice but Concierge does not get you much.

Shower is small and I do mean small, it is workable tho.

Once on ship found that avg age group for the New England cruises are about 10 years older than normal. This also shows in excursions offered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your thoughts - glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Have you tried the O class ships (Marina/Riviera) for a somewhat different Oceania experience?

PS I agree with you that for us Concierge is not worth the extra money - for others it may be.

Edited by Paulchili

Just a note that all the cabins below PH level all have the cozy bathrooms on the R ships

We sometimes will get a good deal on concierge but we are fine on deck 4

We do not eat in the cabin so no big deal in any case

in 25+ cruise we have had room service twice that is our choice others will have their own personal choices

Glad you enjoyed the trip

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Hi, we are an Aussie couple and booked mid June next year for a 10 day cruise on the Regatta, Vancouver - Seattle. Only cruised twice before.

Would be interested on drink/wine prices. We tend to drink Scotch on the rocks and red/white wines but would enjoy some cocktails. Will have wines to take on board for the cabin.

There are 5 port days so that may make a difference to our thoughts on a full drink package. We have a $400 credit each or the meal drink package.

The port excursions don't really appeal as we would rather be independent there.

From my reading it sounds they are a bit light on their pours. Any idea what a spirit drink will cost us (without a mix) and average bottle of wine in the dining rooms. We understand there is 18% on each bill.

Do they have 1/2 price happy hours or cocktails of the day??

Thanks for any help.

Hi, we are an Aussie couple and booked mid June next year for a 10 day cruise on the Regatta, Vancouver - Seattle. Only cruised twice before.

Would be interested on drink/wine prices. We tend to drink Scotch on the rocks and red/white wines but would enjoy some cocktails. Will have wines to take on board for the cabin.

There are 5 port days so that may make a difference to our thoughts on a full drink package. We have a $400 credit each or the meal drink package.

The port excursions don't really appeal as we would rather be independent there.

From my reading it sounds they are a bit light on their pours. Any idea what a spirit drink will cost us (without a mix) and average bottle of wine in the dining rooms. We understand there is 18% on each bill.

Thanks for any help.

If you use the search button on the top of the general Oceania page you will find many, many threads on Beverages.

Thanks for any help.

If you're a scotch drinker it's a no brainer, get the package. I always get a double which would run around $40 a drink with tip.

Any idea what a spirit drink will cost us (without a mix) and average bottle of wine in the dining rooms. We understand there is 18% on each bill.

Thanks for any help.

You can get an idea of prices of your favourite beverage & decide what works for you

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera16_menus.htm#main_bar

Yes they have DOD & happy hour 5-6 pm & 10:30-11:30 pm

There are 2 for one but it does have to be same drink, usually between 5:30 and 6:30 then again 10:30-11:30. We drink Titos Vodka and 2 drinks each during happy hour came to I think 19.00.

There are 2 for one but it does have to be same drink, usually between 5:30 and 6:30 then again 10:30-11:30. We drink Titos Vodka and 2 drinks each during happy hour came to I think 19.00.

All Single Malt scotches are excluded at happy hour, just a FYI, some martinis also.