Serenade of the Seas Izumi

Does Izumi on Serenade of the Seas have Japanese Hibachi style cooking? I watched a Periscope yesterday from Allure. It looked a lot like any Japanese restaurant where everyone sits around the cook surface, and the Chef puts on a show as he cooks everyone's meals to order. Just curious if Serenade has this, or if it's just the menu on Royal's webpage that is mostly sushi and hot-rock offerings?

We miss the Sea View. Our first cruise on a Radiance Class in 08, it was 3 days before we realized it was there. We were walking by when it wasn't open then one day we see people eating outside so walked in. Oh I know what ya mean about forgetting. Since I retired in 2006 I know the day but never can recall the date. LOL

We will be on the Freedom in April 2018 for a b2b, our 2nd time on a Freedom Class and looking forward to sailing on her.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We miss the Sea View. Our first cruise on a Radiance Class in 08, it was 3 days before we realized it was there. We were walking by when it wasn't open then one day we see people eating outside so walked in. Oh I know what ya mean about forgetting. Since I retired in 2006 I know the day but never can recall the date. LOL

We will be on the Freedom in April 2018 for a b2b, our 2nd time on a Freedom Class and looking forward to sailing on her.

Yup, we enjoyed it too, and same thing...did not even know it was there on our first

Radiance class ship cruise until days later. I think Izumi, on those class of ships gets

missed also being in that location too. Never very busy. Perhaps that is why Seaside

Cafe did not make it. Of course it was a fee free restaurant...so that may have had

something to do with it also. ;)

At least all Radiance class ships have that great outdoors area behind the WJ, we love

it for breakfast and lunch. Though on some ships, they delay opening that area in the

morning..not sure why since it is self serve carrying in your own plates. :confused:

Edited by island lady