Horrible cabin steward on the Carnival Dream

ApoJacks

I agree that Carnival won't guarantee it won't happen to another. That's just impossible. And as another poster noted, this complaint has been seen on the boards before - its rare, but it still happens.

Contact JH from FB - I am confident he will issue an apology. Who knows if they would offer anything else.

And chalk this up to a case of the first time - shame on him...but a second time? Shame on me...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Isn't JH just another Cruise Director? If so, why would you even contact him and what would his apology even mean?

Isn't JH just another Cruise Director? If so, why would you even contact him and what would his apology even mean?

He's the Brand Ambassador and CCL spokesperson, a bit more than just another CD:) (although I do agree that his apology would mean little).

</script>" tabindex="1" dir="ltr">

He is the Brand Ambassador and cares about things like this. His page is full of comment from people thanking him for resolving situations.

True. The officer and the floor supervisor were apologetic, but they just kept repeating they would address it with the guy but we needed to follow up with Carnival because there was "nothing they could do."

What are you expecting? It's not like they can make the steward un-see your naked wife. Take it as a lesson. Lock your door and put up the snoozin sign.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I lock hotel room doors. In hotels, I'm more concerned about crazy people. Not so much on cruise ships. So, for me, that's a good thing.

Crazy/homicidal/rapey people are just as capable of being on cruise ships as at hotels. Locking doors is a good thing.

It is VERY hard to believe that this happened at all.

Not sure why someone would write a story like this??

I cannot imagine a cruise where the cabin steward doesn't make up the room every day unless the folks (like us) tell them not to bother.

I cannot imagine not locking your cabin door.

Perhaps I am just a very sceptical person???

Imagine having a waiter like this. We did. He was fired at the end of the week.

He's no longer a Cruise Director. He is now Shemp of Carnival.

Careful not to post your name. You will be DRAGGED through the mud over there.

He's no longer a Cruise Director. He is now Shemp of Carnival.

Careful not to post your name. You will be DRAGGED through the mud over there.

Fake Shemp, or simply Shemp, is someone who appears in a film as a replacement for another actor or person. Their appearance is disguised using methods such as heavy make-up (or a computer-generated equivalent), filming from the back, or using partial shots of the actor

I imagine you are already covered in mud here - such hatred for one man.

Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache and an inferiority complex

poor little man

Fake Shemp, or simply Shemp, is someone who appears in a film as a replacement for another actor or person. Their appearance is disguised using methods such as heavy make-up (or a computer-generated equivalent), filming from the back, or using partial shots of the actor

I imagine you are already covered in mud here - such hatred for one man.

Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache and an inferiority complex

poor little man

Not a Stooges fan, eh? You got a little egg there.

And that's Li'l Oleman.

Edited by Je Souhaite

I too am quite positive that this original story has been posted before, possibly even last year. Every detail is identical, down to the wife's reaction and not wanting to come out of the cabin. Unless this is some sort of phenomenal coincidence, what would motivate someone to repost this alleged occurrence as though it were current? Just very strange. I wish I could conjure up the other posts about the first incident. I think that thread even had a similar title.

I too am quite positive that this original story has been posted before, possibly even last year. Every detail is identical, down to the wife's reaction and not wanting to come out of the cabin. Unless this is some sort of phenomenal coincidence, what would motivate someone to repost this alleged occurrence as though it were current? Just very strange. I wish I could conjure up the other posts about the first incident. I think that thread even had a similar title.

I remember the similar story too...I can't say it is an identical post and therefore have assumed veracity. In this circumstance the OP has returned to advise that he heard from carnival and got a small discount for a future cruise, without any kind of pot stiring. So I continue to believe it is legitimate.

And if you look at the OP's history, there is a post in September, asking questions about a Dream cruise in October. So it all seems to line up. I don't think we have any reason to disbelieve this OP.

Edited by A&Jfamily

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2389322

@bakersdozen,

OP said steward made up their room ONLY 3 days of the cruise NOT 3Xper day.

Ah, my bad. I thought he said three times per day. If it was for the whole cruise, my guess is the steward was probably afraid to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A large percentage of people that complain are just looking for a hand-out. If you are really serious about only wanting an apology or making sure the same thing doesn't happen again or to someone else, declining any compensation speaks volumes. Accepting compensation just tells the company that you're like the majority looking for a hand out.

I've declined several offers of compensation in my lifetime. I've also accepted offers of compensation when I had expenses that I insurred due to a companies inefficiencies.

You don't like free stuff? Your loss. That's all there is to it.

Ah, my bad. I thought he said three times per day. If it was for the whole cruise, my guess is the steward was probably afraid to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Again you'd be incorrect. In the OP's first post he said the incident happened on a Friday night. The Dream cruises Sunday to Sunday.

Bill

Just got back from a week long cruise on the Carnival Dream. Overall, the cruise was good, the dining room staff was great, ship's staff was great....there was one skid mark on the entire trip....our cabin steward. Our room was made up three times during the week....each time we had to request it. We were in cabin 2254. I will not name the steward because of what follows....

The level of service was so poor we had to go to guest services and complain. Friday night he came to our cabin at 730, I told him that we were getting ready for dinner, please come back after 815. He said he had some stuff to deliver to the room, I told him again to please come back after 815. 20 minutes later I am in the shower, my wife had just gotten out of the shower and was stark naked when there was a knock on the door, she said; "Hold on a minute please", he just walked in while she was naked. I went to guest services to complain again, they brought in an officer from the house keeping division and the deck 2 floor supervisor. They were extremely apologetic, and said that we would have to call Carnival Corporate on Monday (I have yet to get anyone on the phone, I have tried twice and have waited over a half hour each time) to get the matter fully addressed by senior management. Not sure what happened, the steward came to our room the next day, never even got an apology. Still very unhappy. I would like to contact John Heald, but I don't even know how to get a hold of him via Facebook. There seems to be no option to message him or write on his page....any thoughts?

At the very least I want an apology. My wife spent our last sea day in the room because she didn't want to have to go out and risk running in to the guy. And some sort of guarantee that this will never happen to anyone else. The entire trip was fantastic, our waiters Alfred and Gabor in the main dining room were so attentive to my wife's food allergies, and even the maitre d Goran came by to our cabin to check on her the one night they accidentally brought something to the table she was allergic to. They went above and beyond...our cabin steward...not so much....

This is identical to a previous story line and the poser claimed story inconsistencies were due to English as a second language. Face One: This cruise ran from Sunday to Sunday so Friday would have been Day 6. Fact Two: The poser should have been in the assigned dining time dining room with an 8:15 pm dinner, that Maitre was not named Goran. This I know because my table on this sailing was next to the Maitre and we had much interaction.

This is identical to a previous story line and the poser claimed story inconsistencies were due to English as a second language. Face One: This cruise ran from Sunday to Sunday so Friday would have been Day 6. Fact Two: The poser should have been in the assigned dining time dining room with an 8:15 pm dinner, that Maitre was not named Goran. This I know because my table on this sailing was next to the Maitre and we had much interaction.

what is the significance of fact one?

Bill

what is the significance of fact one?

Bill

I think S.S.Oceanlover is trying to discredit me along with others. Goran was indeed the maitre d for this last cruise. He is from Serbia and he did a fantastic job of taking care of everything in the dining room.

To clarify....the room had been made up three times during the entire cruise prior to Friday, we were on day 6 of our cruise at that point.

Hi Elaine....you're wrong. I asked the cabin steward to come back after 8:15 because we would be at dinner and out of his way. And Goran WAS the maitre d on this past cruise.

I think S.S.Oceanlover is trying to discredit me along with others. Goran was indeed the maitre d for this last cruise. He is from Serbia and he did a fantastic job of taking care of everything in the dining room.

To clarify....the room had been made up three times during the entire cruise prior to Friday, we were on day 6 of our cruise at that point.

I'm trying to discredit you? Heck I am on your side.

What did I say to discredit you?

Bill