Roadway Inn and Suites in Ft Lauderdale

aubandit

a couple of years ago, it was OK, a good 2 star place. They had a good restaurant in the complex. Parking was tight, I found a good place, and ate at the in hotel restaurant to keep from moving the car. At that time getting on the shuttle was almost a PITA, no pecking order but it went OK both ways. I might use them again if I got a deal.

PS they did hint if you are in a hurry, you might want to take a taxi

like the other one said, 2* at best. I was not impressed. Pretty old and not much to look at. Rooms very old looking. Food nothing to write home about. Shuttle was slow like he said, we did it b/c it was included. I personally would not stay there again

Has anyone stayed at the Roadway in and Suites in Ft. Lauderdale. I found a good deal on parking during the cruise there. I just want to make sure it is a nice hotel.:eek:

Check on TripAdvisor and read the comments there.:)

The Roadway Inn also offers a "day pass", for those interested. If a late flight, it's a good option to chill for the day until your flight. It's only about 10 minutes from airport, and they will shuttle you there when you are ready to leave. I believe the day pass is from 9am to 5pm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has anyone stayed at the Roadway in and Suites in Ft. Lauderdale. I found a good deal on parking during the cruise there. I just want to make sure it is a nice hotel.:eek:

We just got off a cruise (11/6/16) with a couple that have stayed there for the last two years. For them, it was fine for the one overnight with the free parking and roundtrip shuttle. It's a budget hotel/motel, don't expect more.

We stayed there a few years ago. Our room was much nicer than expected (compared to the other Rodeway we'd stayed in) and the restaurant was fine. The shuttle to the port went well. Return was abominable and a police aide called for us when we had no response on the return trip. She felt sorry for us as we'd stood there for two hours. When it did come after she called, it didn't stop where it was supposed to and people who just walked up without waiting rushed onto it. We did get on, thanks to the police aide who let the driver know he was stopping in an unauthorized place. We complained(politely) to the manager upon return. He was belligerent and we felt physically threatened when he chased us to the parking lot yelling at us. I do not know if that person still works there or not, maybe not, probably not if our event was not unique. I'd say room is okay (not luxury but Rodeway is not) and shuttle to port just fine. If you are on a tight schedule, take a cab on the return trip.

We stayed there 2 years ago. Yes it is a budget hotel but has a good park and sail. Take the shuttle to port (taxi is a good choice) but for sure take a taxi back to hotel after cruise. Just quicker. Good restaurant, band, and average breakfast. Will stay there again.

We have stayed there twice and will be using again this month. It is a good budget hotel offering the park and sail. The free shuttle is nice. You need to be patient going to the port, especially on the weekends as there are a lot of people going. Pickup from the port can be await. Overall worth it.

No, it is not a "nice" hotel and it's in the middle of nowhere. Check the rates for La Quinta Airport. You can park there free for up to 14 days if you stay the night before.