Sail and Sign cards left in your amil box

Cruisin 4 Ever

We are going on the Splendor in a few weeks and apparently they are testing out not issuing the cards at check-in but leaving them in the mailbox things by the door instead.

I like to go to the bar to get a fancy cocktail when I embark. Will I be able to do this without my S&S? Also does anyone know what time the keys are there for those who aren't priority or FTTF?

Edited by Cruisin 4 Ever
trying to edit amil to mail

We are going on the Splendor in a few weeks and apparently they are testing out not issuing the cards at check-in but leaving them in the mailbox things by the door instead.

I like to go to the bar to get a fancy cocktail when I embark. Will I be able to do this without my S&S? Also does anyone know what time the keys are there for those who aren't priority or FTTF?

You will use your boarding pass for purchases.

They keys are delivered when rooms are ready. They will let you know.

So you still have your picture taken when you get on?

They scan your passport picture or take your picture with a tablet as I understand the process (I presume you are asking about the picture that is linked to your S&S card).

Multiple threads about this already. Pretty sure it's been explained there and you'll only get repeats of that info here. I mentioned it in my review thread.

They used my passport photo although it's almost 10 years ago (although I'm sure I haven't aged a day!). I imagine that if you're using a DL, they'll take a photo when you board.

Use your boarding pass for purchases if you don't have early access to your cabin.

Didn't hear a single complaint about the procedure when I boarded 10 days ago.

Was on anthem in July & your information must be contained in your boarding pass ---all those little mysterious lines [emoji41] -I was able to get several drinks upon boarding without a problem -they somehow know who has drink package & who doesn't --enjoy your cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I asked on another thread, but got no response. I open my account with cash. Do I still do that before boarding at the check in line on the Splendor?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The location of your sail and sign card has no bearing on funding your account. :confused:

Why would it be different?

John Heald had this on his FB page a couple of weeks back.

If you want to stop for a drink, you just need to give them your last name and cabin number. When they put that in the system, it confirms you are who you say you are, and PRESTO, you get your drink.:D:D

Have a great cruise!

The location of your sail and sign card has no bearing on funding your account. :confused:

Why would it be different?

I was wondering because it sounded like we don't check in with a person at the terminal, that the tsa people check carry ons, travel docs and boarding passes. I'm confused

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Am I correct? Your room cards (that unlocks your room) will be left outside your room rather than being handed to you off the ship when you embark?

Okay, Devil's advocate and conspiracy theory rolled into one.

Say I'm a thief? (I'm not). I enter the ship using Platinum or FTTF status which grants me access to my room and all the mailboxes up and down the hallway before most folks board. I whip out my handy dandy card scanner thing and proceed to clone as many room cards as I can before people start arriving. I then have a week to use my newly acquired room keys at my convenience. Ya know, to steal your stuff.

Gotta tell ya... leaving rooms keys in the mailbox doesn't pass the security stink test as far as I'm concerned.

When is the last time a hotel told you your keys would be taped to your hotel rooms door? Would you not think twice about this?

Just sayin'

What I have read about the room keys are, they are in a envelope that states something g like if envelope has been tampered please go to guest services. I'm sure at that point they will reissue a new card so there would be a new code with it.

Do you need to open the envelope to be able to clone the cards?

Am I correct? Your room cards (that unlocks your room) will be left outside your room rather than being handed to you off the ship when you embark?

Okay, Devil's advocate and conspiracy theory rolled into one.

Say I'm a thief? (I'm not). I enter the ship using Platinum or FTTF status which grants me access to my room and all the mailboxes up and down the hallway before most folks board. I whip out my handy dandy card scanner thing and proceed to clone as many room cards as I can before people start arriving. I then have a week to use my newly acquired room keys at my convenience. Ya know, to steal your stuff.

Gotta tell ya... leaving rooms keys in the mailbox doesn't pass the security stink test as far as I'm concerned.

When is the last time a hotel told you your keys would be taped to your hotel rooms door? Would you not think twice about this?

Just sayin'

You do know that photos are attached to the cards, right? You won't get past the first bar.

They are in sealed envelopes. Tampered with? Go to GS.

You use illegally? Go off ship and possibly face charges

Cards are not placed in the mailboxes until rooms are ready. Plats are not going to run around digging cards out of the boxes.

And the corridors are not empty.

Going to sneak into rooms? Do you know for sure they are empty? No one is coming back unexpectedly? Room steward won't show up?

Do you honestly think this is in any way a likely scenario?

Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

You do know that photos are attached to the cards, right? You won't get past the first bar.

They are in sealed envelopes. Tampered with? Go to GS.

You use illegally? Go off ship and possibly face charges

Cards are not placed in the mailboxes until rooms are ready. Plats are not going to run around digging cards out of the boxes.

And the corridors are not empty.

Going to sneak into rooms? Do you know for sure they are empty? No one is coming back unexpectedly? Room steward won't show up?

Do you honestly think this is in any way a likely scenario?

Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

No not a likely scenario. As I said, playing devil's advocate. I'm sure nobody has ever had their room robbed while on a cruise. Forget I mentioned the entire thing.

No not a likely scenario. As I said, playing devil's advocate. I'm sure nobody has ever had their room robbed while on a cruise. Forget I mentioned the entire thing.

I was thinking the same thing. Sure wouldn't want my

S+S card hanging outside my room until I got there. Any jackhole can buy FTTF and get down the hall early, if a credit card can be scanned while in your pocket why not S+S card in a mailbox? Not rocket science to hang out till occupants leave for dinner, slip in, 10 minutes, back out, steward's busy cleaning rooms. We live in a small rural town, and are very trusting, but we're not stupid.

Why wouldn't the cards be handed to you at check in like always or given to the steward to hand out

I was thinking the same thing. Sure wouldn't want my

S+S card hanging outside my room until I got there. Any jackhole can buy FTTF and get down the hall early, if a credit card can be scanned while in your pocket why not S+S card in a mailbox? Not rocket science to hang out till occupants leave for dinner, slip in, 10 minutes, back out, steward's busy cleaning rooms. We live in a small rural town, and are very trusting, but we're not stupid.

Why wouldn't the cards be handed to you at check in like always or given to the steward to hand out

Well first off, the portion of the S&S card that actually opens your cabin is NOT the magnetic strip on the back of your card, but rather the small barcode on the front of it. I'm not aware of a scanner made for those, but OK I'll play along. Second of all, the cards are in a TAMPER EVIDENT ENVELOPE which means it's sealed. So if it's missing or has clearly been opened, go to GS and report it. The old one will be DISABLED and no longer open the cabin. Zero possibility of your cabin being "robbed". Don't you keep valuables in the safe anyway?

Cameras everywhere. You can run but you can't hide when the ship is in the middle of the ocean.

OK, what am I missing here???????

If the keys are still in the "mailbox", then CLEARLY the occupants of the cabin have not been in there yet, therefore, what are you going to steal?

A lamp?

The TV?

Really????? People need to chill out!

If there are any erroneous charges on the card, that someone STOLE, they will be refunded.

Not sure what the big deal is........:rolleyes:

OK, what am I missing here???????

If the keys are still in the "mailbox", then CLEARLY the occupants of the cabin have not been in there yet, therefore, what are you going to steal?

A lamp?

The TV?

:

Who doesn't want to raid someone else's mini bar if given a chance?