Summit Oceanview Cabins

claudiniusmaximus

Hey Folks

I might be booking on the June Canada and New England itinerary on the Summit for 2017 in an oceanview cabin.

I've checked the sticky but can't find much and done a search on here too. Am hoping some of you can help me choose.

There are lots of deck 2 cabins available (mostly under other cabins) a few very aft cabins on deck 6 overlooking the wake (over the theatre and shops) and some deck 3 cabins (under the promenade just off the grand foyer).

I've got a couple of questions if anyone can help....

Am I right in thinking that the deck three cabins have the extra large portholes? Do the others have picture windows? And are any of those three decks that folk think would be quieter/have less issues?

Any input gratefully received.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello;

I can answer the questions about the Deck 3 cabins, because I have never been in a Deck 2 cabin. The ones more forward on Deck 3 are the traditional window, more like a round picture window than a porthole. The ones that are more aft do have larger windows, nearly floor to ceiling, as these were a part of the conference room section that were converted into cabins when Summit was "Solstisized" in its first renovation years back. I've sailed in the mid/aft cabins, and they can be quieter, as the corridor is pretty much only used by the people in that area, with maybe a few passengers walking through every so often if they've used the aft elevator or stairs and need to walk forward. The benefits are that you will also be closer to the aft elevator/stairs up to the buffet and MDR, and extremely close to Tuscan Grille.

I have sailed in a Deck 6 Oceanview, however it was in a forward cabin, so I unfortunately cannot comment on the rear cabin windows. I do hope, though, that I helped with your Deck 3 questions.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks so much Coco!

Right, the deck three cabins are all between guest relations area and the theatre (so not the ones with the extra large windows) so I don't need to let the larger windows factor into my decision. And the deck 3 cabins are more expensive overall.

I've just checked the deck 6 cabins and I got that totally wrong - they are forward overlooking the bow plus a couple just off from that on port and starboard very close to them (the very last ones before the bow). They are over the theatre.

So all decks are still in the running but I don't need to factor the windows in. Ps are they all decent sized windows - not tiny windows. I'm assuming so.

I can tell you that the Deck 6 forward Oceanview cabins are beautiful(sailed in 6001 a couple years back for a transition cruise from San Juan back to Bayonne), very large windows(you get the same view the captain does) and it feels a bit more spacious than the traditional Oceanview cabin. Even though it's directly above the theater, I had no problems hearing any noise bleeding through the floor, from either performances or any rehearsals. The only drawback for us(I often travel with my DM, who had the beginnings of her mobility issues before that cruise and was starting to use a cane regularly)was that it was quite a hike to the MDR and buffet, but very easy access to the pools and gym(which pleased her a lot as the T Pool is her favorite spot). I hope this helps you as well.

That's really helpful cocobakerchica! I think we'd really like that view (we spend lots of time in the 'crows nest/sky observation lounge' so I imagine the view would be similar?

Can you remember if you see the ocean through it or is the view blocked by the bow?

Thanks so much

Our review has pictures of a deck 2 ocean view cabin. We loved it!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2186271

Oh great photos the whole ship looks gorgeous! The room looks good too, the windows are nice and big.

What was deck 2 like? I only really saw that deck when embarking/disembarking when I was on the solsctice, does it feel a bit separate or a bit of an add-on to the ship if you know what I mean? Was it quiet?

Thanks so much

We were on the September 2016 New England / Canada cruise and stayed in cabin 2176. It was on the starboard side near the aft elevators. The cabin was very quite, we never had any problems with noise. We liked that the elevator went to the back of the buffet area, it was less crowded.

We were on the September 2016 New England / Canada cruise and stayed in cabin 2176. It was on the starboard side near the aft elevators. The cabin was very quite, we never had any problems with noise. We liked that the elevator went to the back of the buffet area, it was less crowded.

Thanks for that - so noise doesn't look like it's an issue and I bet the ocean looks amazing from that far down.

Did you find it busy down there with guests passing through on port days to disembark etc? (That is the deck they disembark from isn't it? I'm not sure if I've got that right)

Cheers!

We like the ocean view cabins on deck three midship between guest services and the bow. The window is quite large . My wife manages to curl up on the ledge to read a book. She finds it very relaxing. The new cabins on deck three by the conference room are also a good choice if you can get one. I wanted to book one of those for our Bermuda trip but the only ones left were the ones with connecting rooms. Great if you are traveling with a family but I heard that you can here conversation in the next room. What I like about the Summit is that the couch is next to the window. We have had ocean view rooms on Princess where the bed is in front of the window. Not ideal if you want to look out.

We like the ocean view cabins on deck three midship between guest services and the bow....What I like about the Summit is that the couch is next to the window. We have had ocean view rooms on Princess where the bed is in front of the window. Not ideal if you want to look out.

It looks like all three of the decks I mentioned are great:) good point about the sofa, sounds blissful.

We were on the September 18 sailing this year in cabin 2123. It was great, very close to the sea view lifts. There was easy access to the Centrum and an easy stroll to the lifts for Revelation (for the Elite hour). I'd book it again in a heartbeat.

2123 isn't available but 2127 is just two doors away and is available - I might go for it!

I feel very reassured that whichever I choose it's likely to be good but really great getting these specific cabin numbers as personal recommendation. I love cruisecritic, most people are really helpful.

I can tell you that the Deck 6 forward Oceanview cabins are beautiful(sailed in 6001 a couple years back for a transition cruise from San Juan back to Bayonne), very large windows(you get the same view the captain does) and it feels a bit more spacious than the traditional Oceanview cabin. Even though it's directly above the theater, I had no problems hearing any noise bleeding through the floor, from either performances or any rehearsals. The only drawback for us(I often travel with my DM, who had the beginnings of her mobility issues before that cruise and was starting to use a cane regularly)was that it was quite a hike to the MDR and buffet, but very easy access to the pools and gym(which pleased her a lot as the T Pool is her favorite spot). I hope this helps you as well.

Thanks for your review of cabin 6001. We will have that cabin for a cruise on Infinity in March. I wonder if you could comment about the ship motion being so far forward. My wife may have some issues but we are going through the Panama Canal and thought the forward view and larger size room would be worth it.

We've booked! Hurrah!

We went for cabin 2089 in the end based on it being close to a couple of the other cabins on that deck that posters had mentioned favourably.

Thanks so much for everyone's input, it really helps being able to chat it through before making a decision

[emoji4][emoji106]